PDA

View Full Version : My 3g just made me 3g's

ronniman
06-22-2012, 06:38 PM
So super excited right now thought i would share the news...so as some of you may have read i just purchased an 86 accord lxi with only 105+k miles on it i bought it from the 2nd owner who only had it for about 6 months prior to that an older man owned it since 86...
no dents,never been in an accident, interior 9/10 maybe even 10/10 i was driving my fiance to work and on my way home an old lady cut me off making me t-bone her ( not to bad) however her insurance is covering it it was her fault at first they were going to total it out but the collision center said it would be no problem to fix just bent my hood,light and bumper on the driver side...so an extreamly long story later its now been 2 months and my car still isnt fixed... i called state farm on mon and they were extreamly upset i was still in the rental concidering its a 2012 eclipse spyder convertable ( ill take my honda any day over this junk) yea it looks nice but its shit... so they decided yesterday to total it out they are giving me $3478.87 they are only charging me $290 to buy the vehicle back the collision center just got all the parts in to fix the car up new bumper,lights misc. etc.. the original damage assesement was $1950 plus some change.. i told the guy i didnt want him to take a complete loss on the parts ordered we just made a deal to were he is going to do all the original work he quoted state farm and he is going to toss in a free tint around the car for me for $1000 ( still a little pricy but its free money and the car is gunna be bak to new) he also took the liberty of looking under the hood and doing a little mech. work im getting my check on monday i coulndt be more excited haha ontop of that i got to get historical plates to avoid a salvage title ;) what do you think? here is a teaser of what i saw today!http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg534/scaled.php?server=534&filename=img20120622183232.jpg&res=landing

will post the rest when i get it back and as i fix it up.

derolph
06-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Good find - an 86 accord lxi with only 105+k miles on it. Amazing that the insurance co. would pay you $3478.87. I wonder why they'd pay that much. Seems like you're going to come out financially ahead on this situation.

he also took the liberty of looking under the hood and doing a little mech. work That would make me uncomfortable. I wouldn't want anybody "taking the liberty" to "do a little something" to my car. Do you know exactly what he did?

ronniman
06-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Good find - an 86 accord lxi with only 105+k miles on it. Amazing that the insurance co. would pay you $3478.87. I wonder why they'd pay that much. Seems like you're going to come out financially ahead on this situation.

That would make me uncomfortable. I wouldn't want anybody "taking the liberty" to "do a little something" to my car. Do you know exactly what he did?

Yea man i def lucked on when i found this on craigslist the day after i got my tax return! the main reason theyve now decided to total it out is only cuase the shop was taking to long to get in replacement parts and ive been siting in the rental which ive learned has cost them more than the repairs on the car lol so they just wanted to end the whole thing before paying mmore to the collision center, all he did really under the hood was just make sure everything was in line and tightend and stuff nothing to modify it car is just old and needed a look over,im excited though im picking it up on monday after work!

2oodoor
06-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Wow you hit it at the right time.
It does't look so bad in the pic. The headlight panels seem to line up good so the upper radiator support and fendr aprons ain't hurt bad.

Dr_Snooz
06-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Fortune smiles on you for sure. Nice!

ronniman
08-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Whoa! its been a while sorry guys since the last update i have obviously gotten my car back lol ive redone the whole exhuast, installed a universal short ram intake, got new 17's and just painted over the primarred areas that the car was fixed at will get pics uploaded asap i just realised its been a while so waiting for the paint to dry over night will post pics in the morning bout to eat some burritos! :thumbup:

Dr_Snooz
08-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Sounds like your car just made itself 3g's. LOL

ronniman
08-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Well I was going to post in here but figured ide put the whole post in the right place if your interested in seeing the photos please view

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1103384&posted=1#post1103384

Thanks for staying tuned!