PDA

View Full Version : B20A Halfshaft Fail!!!!help!!!

3gmodifier
06-24-2012, 10:33 PM
ok guys so i have had my b20a running for over 4 years now and i have been runing a modified prelude half shaft support. well today on the freeway i heard a pop and nothing happened except i started to smell tranny fluid. turns out the bolts sheared off and was basically running with one long axle and it slipped out a bit allowing tranny fluid to seep out and burn on the downpipe. i know that the correct support is not available in the states and i have been searching for auto part stores over seas for about 6 hours now. I am not really sure what to do at this point. so i guess what i am asking is, if there is anyone on here still in the b20a scene that can gimme a hand finding this part or has one/or the entire manual tranny half shaft for sale. i have another car to drive for the time being but it wont be for long and i need to get this fixed asap. i hope i get a lead. thanks.
alex d.

A18A
06-24-2012, 10:43 PM
You can use a long a20 axle just so you can have the car drivable again.

what exactly is broken? from what I can understand, the bolts for the shaft broke, and the mid-shaft is just flopping around now? why can't it be bolted back on?

I can't remember the combination of parts required to make a working manual mid-shaft, but i have automatic ones if they'll be of any help to you

3gmodifier
06-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah I believe I can use the auto shaft as long as I take the support off of it and put in on my manual shaft.I can't really bolt the current setup back on cuz 2 of the 3 bolts that broke are still inside the block. I have.to.extract them first.

3gmodifier
06-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Bump!!! any thoughts or any one have spares.

2ndGenGuy
06-28-2012, 09:06 AM
I thought the B20A5 midshaft/bracket was the same?

MessyHonda
06-28-2012, 10:46 PM
from what i remember tooloundnproud had to mill the b20a5 halfshaft to make it fit on to the block. then he just used the usdm auto axle because it just bolts in

carotman
06-29-2012, 05:54 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36696

You can get the bracket from an automatic halfshaft (get the shouldered bolt too). Getting just the braket will save you some money in shipping charges.

You can just use a long A20A axle while you're waiting for your bracket.

3gmodifier
07-05-2012, 12:11 AM
ok so what i have been looking for is what you said. the support. i cant seem to find any leads onlone to buy it. every time i try to look up a parts store or company over seas for parts i get nothing but engine importers and "jdm" swag sellers. cant even find a way to access honda of japan to buy directly from them. i am working with a friend from new zealand right now who has a complete half shaft for me but it will be a little while till he gets back home to package it up for me. on a good note, he is going to provide me with a complete engine gasket set and a few spare timing belts from his equivalent to an auto zone out there.

3gmodifier
07-12-2012, 02:56 AM
ok so i am still waiting to hear back on if and when i am gonna get even get my parts shipped. i really wish there was a way to find auto part stores over seas.

bullard123
07-12-2012, 03:44 AM
Trademe.com is the New Zealand equivalent of ebay. Maybe you can have Aaron or Matt check on there and purchase and ship one to you. Or they might be able to pull one for you from the junk yard. I have the half-shaft on my B20A with the prelude equal length axle on the other side. I got mine from Rob. Maybe he might have another one laying around as well?

AccordB20A
09-05-2012, 12:05 AM
are you getting a half shaft off alex? i gave him one the other day that i didnt want so hes got one for you.

3gmodifier
09-10-2012, 01:17 AM
are you getting a half shaft off alex? i gave him one the other day that i didnt want so hes got one for you.

my bad for the late reply but yeah, alex v. is the man! I get payed soon so hopefully i can get that and some much needed gaskets from him asap.

RobT5580
10-25-2012, 03:38 AM
I actually can't find mine now LOL……I did have two but i can't locate the one that came off of my turbo B20A. If anyone has a spare pm me as i would like to get another for when the rebuild is done.

AccordB20A
10-25-2012, 05:36 PM
im down to my last one. i have 3 boxes and one shaft.

bullard123
05-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Did you ever ger the half-shaft?

3gmodifier
05-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Did you ever ger the half-shaft?

No not yet.

bullard123
05-12-2013, 04:09 PM
No not yet.

Ok I saw one here in the junkyard from a integra that looks very similar to mine. I think it could work. So what did you end of doing with the axle that popped out?