PDA

View Full Version : problem lowering

Jerren
05-11-2002, 09:33 AM
about a week ago i had concerns about my 205/45/17's rubbing my fenders. well thats been taken care of now since i rolled the lip back. but now i'm wondering if i would have problems again if i lower. maybe just a 1.25" -1.5", thats all. what do you think jimbo?

Jims 86LXI HB
05-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Well If you think you have tested your rubbing cure to the fullest level, they yeah no problem. What do I mean, fullest level? Have you driven the car with a full load of people and gone over some dips and corners where the rear suspension would likely bottom out or reach its travel limit. If not go for a ride with some buddies and find out:D All in all I don't see a problem.

Jerren
05-11-2002, 11:19 AM
ok cool, i have had 4 adults in the car with me since the rolling of the fender. i guess i can lower now. but i'll hold out on it for a while just to be sure. so do you suggest 2 300lbs guys in my back seat and drive 70 mph over a speed bump?

Jims 86LXI HB
05-11-2002, 11:47 AM
so do you suggest 2 300lbs guys in my back seat and drive 70 mph over a speed bump?

300lbs, lol. No if you had 4 people in the car allready, that should be fine. In answering your question, you just need to know that the tires will clear when the suspenion uses it's full travel range. What you choose to drive over to find that out, is up to you.;)

:D :stick: Frankly it you handed me the keys I could find out your answer all by myself in a mile or so:huh: :D

Justanothermike
05-12-2002, 11:53 PM
Frankly it you handed me the keys I could find out your answer all by myself in a mile or so

oh really:eek:

Jims 86LXI HB
05-13-2002, 07:29 AM
No really, I had a previous set of rims that rubbed and if I took a max g corner, scraper scraper. ;)