PDA

View Full Version : What prompted your name?

obdriver6
06-28-2012, 06:27 PM
I've always wanted to know how you guys came up with your names. Whats the story behind that name?

Since I started this, I'll be the first! The "ob" part is easy since those are my initials (Omar Beltran). I choose "driver" cause the first game I played was Need for speed: HS, which IMO is the best racing game on the Playstation. Anyway, since I could input my own name, I decide with "driver", cause it was a racing game :P, instead of PLAYER 1. The "6" came from when I was back in 3rd grade. The teacher assigned each of us with a # and I got stuck with 6 which somehow became my favorite #. lol Over time, as I played more game, I don't know if I got creative or just lazy but I ended up with "obdriver6". lol

So whats your story?

LJ1987LX-I
06-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Well, my name is LJ, my car is a 1987 LX-i... You get the point lol.

Legend_master
06-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Mines easy, this use to be my car. (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/259451/1988-acura-legend)

Buzo
06-28-2012, 07:52 PM
In Spanish (and in my region) buzo can mean something like smart or intelligent. Of course it doesn't apply to me very much, but I selected buzo caperuzo as my nickname just to hide my real name when I subscribed myself to the first forum in internet, I guess in the Y2K, and I use it to date!

obdriver6
06-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Well, my name is LJ, my car is a 1987 LX-i... You get the point lol.
I get it! lol

Mines easy, this use to be my car. (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/259451/1988-acura-legend)
WOW! Thats a lot of :rice:

In Spanish (and in my region) buzo can mean something like smart or intelligent. Of course it doesn't apply to me very much, but I selected buzo caperuzo as my nickname just to hide my real name when I subscribed myself to the first forum in internet, I guess in the Y2K, and I use it to date!

I've heard that term before! lol

A18A
06-28-2012, 10:21 PM
when i first saw your name, i was thinking obd(1) driver lol.

mine was originally godzilla, but after a few name changes on a april fools here one year, i settled for this one, which is obviously the most superior motor to come in an accord ever :cool:

AccordB20A
06-28-2012, 11:16 PM
mine explains itself

MessyHonda
06-28-2012, 11:40 PM
mine explains itself

you were wohdog right?

cygnus x-1
06-29-2012, 10:24 AM
In high school I was a huge Rush fan. It was during that time when I discovered Bulletin Board Systems (some of you might remember those) and used Cygnus X-1 as a handle. It continues to this day.

C|

2oodoor
06-29-2012, 11:12 AM
a long long long long time ago, in the new magic land...

of the world wide web

I started a yahoo ID to spy on my now ex in chat rooms which she frequented for hours on end... roodoo1 was taken already. My granddad used to call me rooster dooster when i was a little, I had a cow lick ginger head.

Probably not such a noble beginning for a sn, however is humble.

DBMaster
06-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I am master of the dick-brains.

AccordB20A
06-29-2012, 04:26 PM
you were wohdog right?

were. wohdog was a name we gave to my mums chihuahua dog. cause it make woh! woh! noises.

Legend_master
06-29-2012, 04:42 PM

I laughed!

I get it! lol

WOW! Thats a lot of :rice:

I've heard that term before! lol

The first picture is how the car ended up before I sold it. I even swapped a 5 speed in that thing.

MessyHonda
06-30-2012, 01:34 AM
In high school I took cooking class and one of the girls would always do the cooking and they would not let me cook so I never cleaned the pots and pans good so she called me Messy Jesse. Later in high school my favorite band was bone thugs n harmony and they all had names like kraizie bone, wish bone, flesh bone, bizzy bone, layzie bone. I called my self Messy Bone. Now i just put my nick name and just honda for my cars that i have owned(all hondas 4gees)

obdriver6
06-30-2012, 12:52 PM
when i first saw your name, i was thinking obd(1) driver lol.

mine was originally godzilla, but after a few name changes on a april fools here one year, i settled for this one, which is obviously the most superior motor to come in an accord ever :cool:
Well its better than OBD_River6, cause thats how my brother likes to say it! lol.... B20A>A20A>A18A :P lol

mine explains itself
It took me a while to get it. lol

In high school I was a huge Rush fan. It was during that time when I discovered Bulletin Board Systems (some of you might remember those) and used Cygnus X-1 as a handle. It continues to this day.

C|
For some reason I keep thinking you design this website (http://www.cygnusx1.net/).

I started a yahoo ID to spy on my now ex in chat rooms which she frequented for hours on end...
:ugh2:

:rofl:

In high school I took cooking class and one of the girls would always do the cooking and they would not let me cook so I never cleaned the pots and pans good so she called me Messy Jesse. Later in high school my favorite band was bone thugs n harmony and they all had names like kraizie bone, wish bone, flesh bone, bizzy bone, layzie bone. I called my self Messy Bone. Now i just put my nick name and just honda for my cars that i have owned(all hondas 4gees)
Nice but I always thought your honda was messy when you joined the site! lol

cygnus x-1
06-30-2012, 01:15 PM
For some reason I keep thinking you design this website (http://www.cygnusx1.net/).

Nope, not me. Sounds like a cool guy though.

C|

89HatchbackLxi
06-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Nobody could ever guess how I came up with my sn.

obdriver6
06-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Nope, not me. Sounds like a cool guy though.

C|
LOL

Nobody could ever guess how I came up with my sn.

Hmmm......Can you give us a hint? LMAO!

A18A
06-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Obviously he has 89 hatchbacks, all of them being LX-i's :D

89HatchbackLxi
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Obviously he has 89 hatchbacks, all of them being LX-i's :D

You figured it out! lol

SylusMk2
06-30-2012, 11:07 PM
its my gamer tag on xbox live......it was origonaly Silas named after a character in a game called robotech invasion i misspelled it as sylus than my first live account got banned than it was SylusMk2 as in mark 2

ghettogeddy
07-01-2012, 03:27 AM

C|

funny cause mine has to do with rush as well

Ghetto came form the bike shop i worked at cause i could ghetto rig with just about anything Geddy is my real first name... and yes my middle name is lee..

conozo
07-01-2012, 03:42 AM
I got my name in high school where someone just called me Conozo. Everybody typically called me by my last name Kaufman, but Conozo came out that time for some reason. The name stuck but there were lots of variations that people used. I think every one of my friends had their own variation or Conozo. Some were ozonoc, nozzle, noze, noz. I've always like it so I've used it as my business name because it's unique although nobody ever spells or says it right, lol

cygnus x-1
07-01-2012, 08:17 AM
funny cause mine has to do with rush as well

Ghetto came form the bike shop i worked at cause i could ghetto rig with just about anything Geddy is my real first name... and yes my middle name is lee..

Oh weird. I worked at a bike shop through high school and college too. AND I also had a knack for working on the cheap department store bikes. They would save the worst ones for me because nobody else had the patience.

You may not know this, but Geddy Lee's first name was actually Gary. His mother had a thick Yiddish accent and when she would say Gary it sounded like Geddy.

C|

ecogabriel
07-01-2012, 12:35 PM
The ecogabriel thing came from when I first set up an e-mail account.
Since some of my friends had used a combination of profession and name, eco stands for economist and the rest is my first name.

gfrg88
07-01-2012, 01:45 PM
My initials and birth year. Yes, long name. I'm Hispanic. lol

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2012, 09:35 PM
I just made mine up. It was the only username not taken on Yahoo, back in '98. Even the "FUYahoo" and "DieYahooDie" usernames were taken.

I probably should come up with a better story.... :(

obdriver6
07-01-2012, 10:51 PM
You figured it out! lol
Wow that was tought! LMAO

its my gamer tag on xbox live......it was origonaly Silas named after a character in a game called robotech invasion i misspelled it as sylus than my first live account got banned than it was SylusMk2 as in mark 2
That reminds me of when me and my brother where making a new account on a metal gear online so we had to name our player. In the end we decided to name him "Chaos_64" but we named him "Choas_64", we didn't even figure it out till a week later when one of our cousin pointed it out! :uh:

I got my name in high school where someone just called me Conozo. Everybody typically called me by my last name Kaufman, but Conozo came out that time for some reason. The name stuck but there were lots of variations that people used. I think every one of my friends had their own variation or Conozo. Some were ozonoc, nozzle, noze, noz. I've always like it so I've used it as my business name because it's unique although nobody ever spells or says it right, lol
Thats is unique but how does someone go from Kaufman to conozo? lol

The ecogabriel thing came from when I first set up an e-mail account.
Since some of my friends had used a combination of profession and name, eco stands for economist and the rest is my first name.
I always though you were an eco-friendly type of guy. lol

I'm Hispanic too but DAMN! lol

I just made mine up. It was the only username not taken on Yahoo, back in '98. Even the "FUYahoo" and "DieYahooDie" usernames were taken.

I think you should! lol

charliekuney
07-01-2012, 11:00 PM

ghettogeddy
07-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Oh weird. I worked at a bike shop through high school and college too. AND I also had a knack for working on the cheap department store bikes. They would save the worst ones for me because nobody else had the patience.

You may not know this, but Geddy Lee's first name was actually Gary. His mother had a thick Yiddish accent and when she would say Gary it sounded like Geddy.

C|

ya i read that somewhere i think Wikipedia

MessyHonda
07-02-2012, 01:32 AM

mine would be JHF88

pickupman6
07-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Mine is from my senior year in high school. I had a friend trying to sell me a z28 camaro, and I almost bought it, but then told him nah, I'm more of a pickup man, so that's what people started calling me. The six came from a couple of things. One being my f150 had a 300 i6 in it and I was also a mark martin fan.

2oodoor
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM

I should too, somebody, who i won't say but they turned the forum pink, seemed to think it represented excriment of a down under marsupial. Better story I suppose.
There is a thread similar to this somewhere buried.

derolph
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm almost embarrassed to post here. I used no creativity whatsoever in designating a username. :uh: It's my family surname.

If I were registering again, I think I'd try to come up with something that reflects a 3rd gen Honda Accord LX-i. And, if I couldn't come up with a good one, I'd use a name (other than family surname) that I've used in other forums.

Crazy_C
07-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Mine comes from an amalgamation that occurred over a span of a few years with multiple meanings.

I was called "crazy" for years for some of the stuff I did (usually when drunk) and my old CB handle was "the Canadian", the two combined to "Crazy Canadian", though "Crazy C***" was what some friends called me as a joke alternative :lol:

On the old CB, I got too lazy to keep saying "Crazy Canadian" and I got told off for saying "Crazy C****" so it shortened down to "Crazy C" as it worked for both handles.

charliekuney
07-04-2012, 04:16 PM
mine would be JHF88

lol, CLCK88

FederalSecurity
01-31-2013, 06:35 AM
I've been working in security and law enforcement for about a decade now. I've worked Federal and private sector security positions, and I've worked Federal and non-Federal law enforcement positions as well. Of course...none of this really has anything to do with the cars I own.

niles
01-31-2013, 07:34 AM
It's my name

import racer
02-02-2013, 05:17 PM
I drive a Honda,and I like to drive fast!

stezie
02-03-2013, 04:58 PM
When my niece started to talk, she couldnt say Stephen, she would say Stevie, but with a lisp it sounded like Stezie, so once my niece started saying Stezie, the rest of my family started to use Stezie all the time.. My friends also picked up on the name and it went on from there. that was 12 years ago now. Turns out there wasnt alot of Stezie's in use so i try to use that ID on all forums now for handiness sakes..

greasemonky89
02-09-2013, 02:04 PM
well i am a grease monkey busted knuckles and grease is all that matters. well 89 is the year of my current daily and project car.

dieselgus
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
An old nickname and I loves me the diesel motor. Hell, if I had a lot more time on my hands I would be swapping a diesel into a 3G. Which still will probably happen at some point to my non daily driver currently parked carbed one.

Dr_Snooz
02-16-2013, 05:54 PM
What engine do you have in mind? Are there a lot of small displacement diesels to choose from? Sounds like an epic build.

Any plans for bio-diesel?