PDA

View Full Version : Might be getting one of these, doing research

j3wman
07-01-2012, 06:01 PM
So i'm looking for a daily driver and i might be getting either an 87 LX or a 89 LXi, hoping for the 87 and throwing on a weber side draft. :)

but im just researching and seeing whats up with this chassis. hope to make friends and all that jazz.

a little background on me, my name is Ryan, im from Minnesota. ive had 3 CB chassis accords and i currently have a 91 Civic Si with a high comp LS in it, 11.5:1 wiseco pistons, eagle rods, type R oil pump, milled head, CRV cams, got a PLM header on the way too.

I'm into heavy metal music (warbringer, arkona, judas priest, plagued insanity and candlemass are my favorites) and EDM (Frankie Knuckles, Swedish House Mafia, Steve Aoki and stuff) but i listen to other shit too.

If you want to add me on xbox live my gamer tag is JDM Geoff i usually play Forza or skyrim.

Vanilla Sky
07-01-2012, 07:30 PM
For these cars, you're looking at a pair of Webers if you're going with a side draft carb. With work, you can get these engines up in power, but they still don't have the aftermarket available that makes a B series easy to make fast. If you're willing to spend money in a unique car, this might me it, but if you want to be able to order parts without a wait for them to be custom made, then at least an engine swap is in order.

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Welcome from California!

obdriver6
07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Welcome! Hope you give the CA a chance, they wont disappoint.

MessyHonda
07-02-2012, 01:25 AM
sounds like a nice dd with webers...YUM!

2oodoor
07-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Welcome!
Your cars sound awesome.

I wouldn't think Weber side drafts on a DD in Minnesota would be practical. Webers are so finicky about air temperature changes throughout the day.

j3wman
07-02-2012, 06:07 AM
practical is not something i do haha my last daily driver/ winter beater was an 85 celica supra on semi slicks :P

I do want to give this car a chance as ive always wanted one but somehow talked myself out of it