PDA

View Full Version : Might get an 89 LXI

TJ89Accord
10-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Well, I crashed my 94 Accord, and I can't afford to buy a new car. My sister has an 89 LXI Automatic (I've never had an automatic :huh: ). Well, she said she would sell it to me for 300 bucks. I've been drivin it all over anyways lol.

Bad things:
-Has 196,000 miles
-leaks oil
-tranny slips a little
-starter is acting up a little
-maybe needs an alignment
-needs a muffler

Good things
-Interior is pretty clean
-all power options work (EVEN A/C!)
-body is in decent shape

I need a car really bad, so hopefully I will get this soon :).

It still runs great, hopefully I can get a few more miles out of it.

tim

anchovies
10-19-2002, 06:24 PM
you'll get more than "a few more miles" from it :D

Neuspeed87lx
10-19-2002, 07:17 PM
its still a baby

markmdz89hatch
10-20-2002, 05:16 AM
OK, here's the breakdown....

Originally posted by TJ89Accord
Well, I crashed my 94 Accord, and I can't afford to buy a new car. My sister has an 89 LXI Automatic (I've never had an automatic :huh: ). Well, she said she would sell it to me for 300 bucks. I've been drivin it all over anyways lol.

Bad things:
-Has 196,000 miles no worries, she's just beginning to get broken in.. mine just hit 200 a few days ago, and she seems to have gained some new life :o)
-leaks oil fix that, if it's the v/c gasket, pay the 5 bux and do it urself, or indulge a little and spend 50 for a mechanic to do it
-tranny slips a little here's the ffun part.... treat her right until you get a little $$ saved up, then do what myself and a few others here on the board have done, A 5-SPD SWAP
-starter is acting up a little
-maybe needs an alignment that should never have been written, all cars need an allignment from time to time, standard maintenence
-needs a mufflerpacesetter catback from NOPI, or buy a fart can, and go to a local muffler shop and ask one of the kids there if he can custom bend some 2.25" for u on the side.

Good things
-Interior is pretty clean yeah, the LX-i interior seems to hold up pretty well
-all power options work (EVEN A/C!)lucky bastard (about the A/C)
-body is in decent shape...just don't let it look like ur '94 LOL!j/k

I need a car really bad, so hopefully I will get this soon :).

It still runs great, hopefully I can get a few more miles out of it. that shouldn't be an issue at all... ....keep up on maintenence, and maybe half way through it's lifespan

tim

[colro=red]All in all, you've got a car that'll last longer then ur 94 as long as you keep up with repairs.[/color]

ACCORD EX
10-20-2002, 05:42 AM
what color is it !?

anyway i think it's good and it 's EFI too !

MIKE

TJ89Accord
10-20-2002, 01:35 PM
eh, now she is sayin i gotta wait like 2 or 3 weeks. And I need a car now, so I guess thats not gonna happen :(. We'll see though.

tim

Mike89Accordcom
10-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Get that thing quick. That is a steal, and you'll love moddin the car man!

smufguy
10-24-2002, 01:28 PM
talk about getting a car from a family member. and yeah, sisters are a bitch at times. I got one, never lets me drive her 4g, though i fix that all the fucking time.