PDA

View Full Version : ac question

CzEcHy
07-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Just looking for the locations of the pressure switch andany relays for the compressor.

My ac went out suddenly yesterday but the compressor isn't locked up or anything it just won't engage.

Just trying the simple stuff first, thanks.

Oldblueaccord
07-03-2012, 01:51 PM
The pressures switch is located near the drier driver side fender. I think it has 2 wires on it.

Check your fuses as well.

wp

CzEcHy
07-03-2012, 02:15 PM
No fuses in the engine bay fuse box should be a problem correct?

Also, what exactly is the drier? Its in the engine bay? Where relative to the cruise control would that and the switch be? Thanks

CzEcHy
07-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Fuse for rear defroster was blown, replaced and now ac works.

Thank you!

ecogabriel
07-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Also, what exactly is the drier? Its in the engine bay? Where relative to the cruise control would that and the switch be? Thanks

Drier is located in front of the P/S reservoir. you will only see the top of it, and two aluminum pipes coming to a center with a tiny, round, glass window.
I believe the A/C compressor relay is buried in the front (driver's side) firewall beside the radiator. There may be two relays there - don't remember what the other is for (maybe fans?)

2drSE-i
07-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Pressure switch and dryer are right next to each other. The dryer is located inside the driver's fender. That stupid fuse caused LOTS of headaches for me.