PDA

View Full Version : rear seats

LIL'LXi
10-19-2002, 04:23 PM
I have a '87 lxi hb, the back seat is in bad shape, what other years or models would be a dirrect bolt in?

tightwhitelx
10-20-2002, 10:40 AM
any back seat from the other year hb will fit

smufguy
10-20-2002, 09:01 PM
only from HB, no sedan and no coupe will fit ur HB though sedan and coupe are interchangeable.

GreenMachine
10-20-2002, 10:59 PM
I thought have making the integ rear seats work, they have head rests and look more comfy. They are little bit skinnier but would definetly be doable with some customization

markmdz89hatch
10-21-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I thought have making the integ rear seats work, they have head rests and look more comfy. They are little bit skinnier but would definetly be doable with some customization

Yeah, I thought that too. I tried the swap from a 1G Teg. hatch, and luck was not on my side that day. No Go! The seat is just WAY to narrow, and the seat backs have the bolt post too low on the seat which creates a gap bet. the seat bottom and back. The only way to make that work would be to remount the back pivot posts for the seats about an inch/2 lower then where they are currently. Then, for the problem of the seat bottom, good luck finding a way to siden the seat, and for the backs, re-contour the backs to fit the wheel wells.

Conclusion: by looking at the two separatly, it looks like it might just be a direct drop in, but when really attempting it, you realize that it's not a possibility.:banghead:

Chubs87Accord
10-21-2002, 05:15 PM
you should just take some out of another hatch.. and if you want buy frabric spray paint from like strauss or pepboys and make it look better

3G Jester
10-22-2002, 09:33 AM
i have a HB---i would LOVE to see how itwould look with 4 bucket seats.....but then again..i like having the trunk space if u know what i mean :wink: hehehehe i padded mine....lol :)

iiviasterp
10-22-2002, 02:40 PM
who needs a backseat anyway :super: just take it out and dont replace it!

Slammin88accord
10-22-2002, 03:04 PM
I lost my virginity in the back seat of my 88 accord, THANK YOU HONDA FOR THE ROOM!, good thing I have a 4 door-that made it easy!

jlaccord89lxi
10-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
only from HB, no sedan and no coupe will fit ur HB though sedan and coupe are interchangeable.

sedan and coupe are NOT interchangable. I've owned both and the sedan has those smaller cushions on the sides that are stationary and do not fold down with the rest of the seat. The coupe's whold rear seat back folds down as one piece.

3G Jester
10-24-2002, 02:53 AM
:bow: slammin88accord---thats god-like. I am in awe. :pimp: :super: