PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Install help on 89 Honda accord lx

xXMarTiNXx
07-07-2012, 09:31 PM
I purchased a two way Nitro Bmwx-1w alarm system for my 89 honda accord lx(carb). I have installed the components all that's left is the wiring.

I'm having an issue locating the door trigger wire in my car. several sites say its a black/white wire on a green plug on the right of the steering column. i cant seem to find the green plug anywhere! :confused:

I have also read that a couple of other inputs such as the horn wire needs a relay due to high amperage, what i would like to know is what kind of relay?

Any help on my install would be greatly appreciated as i need the car for Monday morning:eek5:

xXMarTiNXx
07-08-2012, 12:12 AM
**UPDATE**

Iv just completed my install, i would show pics but i cant till i post 5 times.

> The only thing i wasn't able to install was the starter immobilizer due to me not being able to find some sort of starter relay for my accord.
If anyone can help me on that it would be greatly appreciated :)

Any questions regarding alarm install i will Be glad to answer!

ass soon as i get my pix unlocked i will post images

catalin
07-08-2012, 09:43 PM
You can use a standard SPDT (single pole double throw) relay such as the one in the image. Terminal 85 is the alarms starter kill output, 86 is ignition, 30 and 87a would be the starter wire.
http://www.parts-express.com/images/item_standard/330-073_s.jpg

POS carb
07-09-2012, 12:50 PM
important:
when wiring the starter immobilizer I had an issue with the power wire to the alarm. I tapped into the ignition switch plug under the column. After some troubleshooting I discovered that the wire I tapped had 12v on ACC and ON, but not on start.
There is another wire right next to it (I cannot recall the color) that has power on ON and START but not ACC, use that one.

MessyHonda
07-09-2012, 09:33 PM
You can use a standard SPDT (single pole double throw) relay such as the one in the image. Terminal 85 is the alarms starter kill output, 86 is ignition, 30 and 87a would be the starter wire.

yeah i have the same one.

lostforawhile
07-09-2012, 09:50 PM
if you go to the yard, you can find a lot of late model stuff that has banks of those relays, the only difference is they won't have a mounting tab, you can just use a zip tie, way cheaper then buying them one at a time, a lot of fords have Bosch relays factory, they will have the same numbers, just open the relay box under the hood and pull them out, standard five pin pattern and numbers, you can find Hella,bosch,and lots of other quality brands

catalin
07-11-2012, 09:22 PM
important:
when wiring the starter immobilizer I had an issue with the power wire to the alarm. I tapped into the ignition switch plug under the column. After some troubleshooting I discovered that the wire I tapped had 12v on ACC and ON, but not on start.
There is another wire right next to it (I cannot recall the color) that has power on ON and START but not ACC, use that one.

Ignition wire should be black with a yellow stripe and starter is usually black/white.

Hazwan
07-12-2012, 05:46 AM

Make sure to get the one with the 87A pin, some relays have only 85, 86, 87 and 30 pin else it won't work.

85 > IGN on
86 > starter kill output from brain
30 > from starter wire
87A > to starter wire

xXMarTiNXx
08-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I know this is a late reply, Thanks for the help on the immobilizer relay:uh:

i'm going to search for the standard SPDT relay just because of the mounting tab

I originally thought i had to tap into a relay it already had but later figured out that i had to install one. i'v looked for one of that type but only managed to find one with all identical but not with 87a, just with 87 which is an input i believe.

if i'm wrong and that relay would work, please be gentle on correcting me