PDA

View Full Version : [Accord SE-I] Steering wheel audio controls

tdsh354
07-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Hello everybody,

I bought a steering wheel from Accord SE-I with buttons for sound level control.
I would fit in my Accord Aerodeck.

But I wonder for what is used the button with two dots

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VEjrT87zHfM/T_S28XEpiQI/AAAAAAAAA34/mqCZ9Z3arHg/s640/DSCN1311.JPG

thank you :D

MessyHonda
07-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Im not sure what that button does but you would need the connecting plug on the steering column. It looks like the cruse control connection but on the other side

tdsh354
07-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi,

you mean the item #9
lingshondaparts.com/hpl/images_car/17SE801/imge/B__1101.jpg

I don't know where I can find it, on ebay and Honda there is no.

But it's not a problem, I can make my own :)

mattisonfire
07-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Hello everybody,

I bought a steering wheel from Accord SE-I with buttons for sound level control.
But I wonder for what is used the button with two dots

It's for the radio stations preset

tdsh354
07-08-2012, 02:17 PM
perfect, thank you :)

obd0driver
07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I was thing about get one myself. Keep us posted

lostforawhile
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
how are you going to make your own slip ring? if you can find the slip ring, you can get an SWI-X unit, it will interface with those controls, and you can program it to control your aftermarket stereo, it mimics the output of the remote control that came with your stereo. The buttons on the SEI wheel are not straight switches, they have resistors built in, the stereo would see the different resistance and know what button you pushed, the SWI-X unit does the same thing

tdsh354
07-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi,

my car is a Honda Accord Aerodeck 3G, she doesn't exist with Steering wheel sound control.
It's why I will adapt a steering wheel from Accord SE-I with sound control buttons.

But don't worry for the slip ring, I'm machinist, I can make one ^^

BUT, if somebody have one from SE-I to sell i'm very interested :)

lostforawhile
07-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi,

my car is a Honda Accord Aerodeck 3G, she doesn't exist with Steering wheel sound control.
It's why I will adapt a steering wheel from Accord SE-I with sound control buttons.

But don't worry for the slip ring, I'm machinist, I can make one ^^

BUT, if somebody have one from SE-I to sell i'm very interested :)

it's not about machining one, it's a sliding electrical contact, the metal part I could make too,but it's not something easy to try and make, your best bet is to find someone who can get you one from the yard, That SWI-X module I mentioned will allow you to interface the controls with your aftermarket stereo once you get a slip ring. they run around 40 bucks