PDA

View Full Version : ordered a new compressor, can't find manifold seal!

POS carb
07-09-2012, 05:54 AM
ordered a 10pa15e, but I have a 10p15e
I need the manifold. Anyone have some lying around or know of someone who sells them?

edit
NEW QUESTION

POS carb
07-09-2012, 06:08 AM
http://www.uacparts.com/catalog/homepage/Search/GA/images/140/GA%201447.jpg
^THIS^

2oodoor
07-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Im not sure what those dimensions are but I have seen that seal on replacement design aftermarket intake manifolds for Ford 4.6. The intakes usually get thrown away because you supposedly can't buy just the "gasket" sealing kit for those intakes. They have grooves made for the "o ring" made into the intake, the rubbers themselves are red and blue depending on coolant runner or air runner.
Hope that helps.

You can get an o ring making kit that comes with stock sizes of rubbers and you super glue the ends once you have the size cut.

POS carb
07-09-2012, 08:07 AM
found a post while digging:

The bottom pic is Denso 10PA15E - considered by some to be the better unit. The middle pic is a Denso 10P15 or 10P15E - They have a habit of blowing one of the four o-rings that seal to the four ports shown, possibly due to a manifold design that has only 3 bolts to hold it on (one of the pictured bolt holes is not used as there is no cooresponding bolt hole in the manifold). Its manifold is in two pieces and requires an extra seal that is not in the Santech MT2561 kit. It is in Santech MT0453. I got mine from AutoZone. Due to seal differences I would say the manifolds are not interchangable, but other threads have said the hoses are as long as both compressors are Densos.

Legend_master
07-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I looked around for these seals and could not find a replacement. The seal you posted does not look like my 10pa15e. It should have a seal for 2 chambers not 1. I had to contact Denso directly to find one.

Dr_Snooz
07-09-2012, 06:50 PM
You can get an o ring making kit that comes with stock sizes of rubbers and you super glue the ends once you have the size cut.

Jeepers Roo... or 2oo... or whatever, that's the coolest thing I've ever heard of. I need one. Where can I get them?

@POS, is that an RTV kinda thing at all?

POS carb
07-11-2012, 07:12 AM
copper spray a gasket is like that indian head stuff but in a spray, I used it on my pacesetter downpipe, works pretty good there

Here's my new compressor. The manifolds are different so I need to find one, hopefully there will be one at pick and pull that isn't a PITA to remove. The part I am looking for goes on here.
http://carphotos3.cardomain.com/images/0015/80/36/15860863_large.jpg

Here's the old 3-bolt manifold, this style does not work on this compressor
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0015/80/06/15860860_large.jpg[/QUOTE]

2oodoor
07-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Jeepers Roo... or 2oo... or whatever, that's the coolest thing I've ever heard of. I need one. Where can I get them?

@POS, is that an RTV kinda thing at all?

I got one from Bowman, years ago but they gained popularity, Here you go (http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=62381)

I changed my SN, it is the same but backwards...

DBMaster
07-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Nice kit! I am wondering if you went to an A/C specialty shop if you couldn't get something that would fir the compressor and provide hose barbs so that you could use bulk A/C hose instead those annoying pre-cut things.

Dr_Snooz
07-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I changed my SN, it is the same but backwards...

I thought you had bought a coupe and were letting us all know in a coded way. LOL

Thanks for the link!

2oodoor
07-12-2012, 02:31 AM
I thought you had bought a coupe and were letting us all know in a coded way. LOL

Thanks for the link!
Thats indeed brilliant expectations, thank you (hatches are 3 door though rats)
Hey are the compressor manifolds used on other models?

rc00netzero
07-19-2012, 07:29 PM
There are 2 models of the cylindrical compressors, each with it's own manifold. I doubt they are interchangable. The 10p15e (what I had) is the manfold with 3 bolts (part of which you have pictured, POS Carb). There should also be a flat alum plate with som holes ( 4 not countin bolt holes, I think). It uses several regular o-rings (about the size of a nickel) (6 is what I remember) and one rectagular o-ring ( 2" X 3" aprox) to seal it up. It won't work on your 10PA15E because (even if it sealed) I think you would have the intake and output cross-connected. The 10p15e' s manifold interface is a flat surface with 4 bolt holes and 4 evenly spaced ports -2 intake and 2 exhaust. The large port on your 10PA15E spans an area that would cover 3 of those ports. You need a junk 10PA15E with manifold or at least the manifold. From your pics, you have the correct seal.