PDA

View Full Version : What will be done when the 3g population disappears?

Tread
07-09-2012, 06:10 AM
When most of our cars rust, crash, sold, or junked what will the community do? Kind of a feeler here. I found a red four door 3g less than a mile from my house, sitting in front of their barn, and I'm going to go ask if it's for sale. Should we buy them and preserve?

A18A
07-09-2012, 06:48 AM
i've kept heaps of spare parts from the accords i've had over the years. I would've kept whole cars if storage wasn't an issue. They're quite hard cars to come by now days (where i am) which is why i don't get rid of a lot of my stuff.

conozo
07-09-2012, 12:23 PM
First we should make every 3gee owner watch these videos http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60199 so they have the motivation to keep their car working and running forever.

Second we need a warehouse in the dry desert where we can store any 3gee we can find to use as parts later.

Third well buy a 3d printer so we can make any part new.

lostforawhile
07-09-2012, 02:09 PM
the same thing happened with the second generation civic, they were junked like crazy,now everyone wants one to do motor swaps in. The popularity of these cars drops then rises again, like just about every Honda ever made. People are also keeping older fuel efficient cars on the road due to the gas prices, even cars like the geo metros and the dihatsu are being repaired and put back on the road

2oodoor
07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
absolutley, if you are asking then you already know...

Just think, how cool is a 70 Datsun 210 right now, or a mint 1st gen Accord, or a 76 Celica.. and by the way when is the last time you've seen any of those on the street. They are the coolest at the meets right?
Wanna add more? 80's Mitsu Stallion, 82 Dodge Colt (by Mitsu) one of the first econoboxes to make dinkydom fun as hell > just look at a few of those on the net, So yes just cause it's an Asian import over 20 years old doesn't mean it's scrap metal.
So if you still wanna say, "it's a four door, they ain't cool" then stop. The European sedans these cars were targeting are all timeless classics now. So now you have a sport touring, Asian sedan that the whole world of automotive engineering busted ass to bump tit with in the following decade (and fell short so it was more of a tit>navel) and there is a following as in here... how can they not be cool or worth snagging before they are extinct?

gp02a0083
07-09-2012, 02:33 PM
well its gonna end up like a lot of the older imports like the datsun's and stuff, now everyone wants something different. Others like me are trying to keep them as DD's and mint as possible.

Dr_Snooz
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Toooootally worth it!

lostforawhile
07-09-2012, 09:45 PM
well its gonna end up like a lot of the older imports like the datsun's and stuff, now everyone wants something different. Others like me are trying to keep them as DD's and mint as possible.

Have you seen the prices on a nicely restored Z? you used to be able to get them for 500-1000 bucks running, one just sold here, really nice for 12 grand

MessyHonda
07-09-2012, 10:03 PM
im going to steal jay lenos machine that can make copies of parts

A18A
07-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Have you seen the prices on a nicely restored Z? you used to be able to get them for 500-1000 bucks running, one just sold here, really nice for 12 grand

I just got 2 of those for $500, both complete runners :d

Hazwan
07-10-2012, 06:19 AM
I just got 2 of those for $500, both complete runners :d

Yours the ugly kind so that doesn't count :D

obdriver6
08-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I think I need to start a stock pile, I seeing less and less 3gs at the JY! :nervous:

DBMaster
08-06-2012, 05:36 AM
My Accord was sold by the Mazda dealer to a wholesaler. Whoever purchased the vehicle simply did a ghetto repair and tied the trunk down with rope. The reason I know this is because the person who bought it was arrested by the Mesquite police and then I got the certified letter telling me that the car was impounded and what I needed to do if I wanted it back. Stupid dealer never notified the state that I sold the car. I knew I should have kept my plates! I submitted the online form (free) with Texas DMV to show that the car was sold to Classic Mazda. Let them deal with it from here on.

2oodoor
08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
That's actually kinda cool ( so long as you arn't hassled too much)
Like an after life or a bucket list for wild and outlandish behaviors :rly:

DBMaster
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
If whoever bought the car at least replaces the bent suspension components (the easiest part) and possibly the chewed up rims it ought to run great for them. EVERYTHING works. The back end is pretty "ghetto sled" but it should remain mechanically reliable for some time. Now, if they try to use conventional 10W-30 they will need to watch the oil level carefully. The only stuff that relieved me of that was using the Rotella T synthetic 5W-40. I had to add about a quart every 1,000 miles with the "regular" 10W-30 synthetic. Poor car may get cheap oil now.

Dr_Snooz
08-06-2012, 06:11 PM
My Accord was sold by the Mazda dealer to a wholesaler. Whoever purchased the vehicle simply did a ghetto repair and tied the trunk down with rope. The reason I know this is because the person who bought it was arrested by the Mesquite police and then I got the certified letter telling me that the car was impounded and what I needed to do if I wanted it back. Stupid dealer never notified the state that I sold the car. I knew I should have kept my plates! I submitted the online form (free) with Texas DMV to show that the car was sold to Classic Mazda. Let them deal with it from here on.

Did they use the TASER on you? Heheheheheheheh! Yeah! The TASER!! Heheheheh!

DBMaster
08-07-2012, 05:03 AM
OK, Beavis!