PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Daily Driver for friend.

88Sleeper
07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, I have a friend I've known for a while, and since his parents are going to be coming in from Vietnam in a lil under a year, he wants to buy a car for $3k or less.

My Question is: What make/model/year should he get? He says he only cares about gas mileage, but he wants a honda first or a toyota second since he likes my JDM 3G.

I've given him plenty of advice on how to find a jdm honda, but he is kind of like a total noob. He told me today that he doesn't get how the engine circulates oil and still have a "water" cooling system in it at the same time... :uh:

To top it off, he asked me to take him out to see a '96 accord owned by some guys who were running a tricked out Chrysler 300. Thought the accord would be not too bad, but that thing was so screwed I was literally scared he was going to break it in the parking lot, and they would expect us to cover them for it :nervous:

I don't think I'm going to be able to go with him to see all of these REAL junks that he finds; but it makes me feel like a crappy friend to let him go off and get screwed on his own.

What do I do!!!!??? :toilet:

MessyHonda
07-09-2012, 10:05 PM
any 4 door civic or accord can do. with 3k you can prob find a 94. some of these cars have alot of miles over 200k+