PDA

View Full Version : horns

1skatingrink
07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
how is the best way to access my horns on LXI 86?

conozo
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
I believe i got to mine without taking the bumper off but i did take off the fog light covers in the bumper.

Stupid fact: If you replace one with a high note and the other with a low note horn. It can sound like there are two cars honking. Its more effective if there is a tall curb or close guard rail that the sound can bounce off of though.

ecogabriel
07-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I believe i got to mine without taking the bumper off but i did take off the fog light covers in the bumper.

x2. But it is difficult; I ended up removing the front bumper shortly after to clean up and re-paint some areas inside the wheel arches

charliekuney
07-11-2012, 08:03 PM
The bumper is simple enough to remove and thus gives you the chance to mount it better if needed.

Eight Phillips screws (6 for 1988-1989), four 12mm bolts. Bam. Then the horns...

1skatingrink
07-12-2012, 02:17 AM
thanks everyone i remember i did access many years ago i know i didn't remove bumper maybe splash pan or inside fender well car not available right now will get to it in two weeks thanks for any replies

2ndGenPreludeSi
08-06-2012, 05:40 PM
I've been wanting to get rid of the wimpy horn on my car. I here that old ass caddys have some decent horns, haha. I keep forgetting when I go to the junkyard though...

dieselgus
08-06-2012, 06:03 PM
I have a set of Hella horns that I need to get on mine. But I am really itching to stick a set of Nathan Airchime K5LA on there somewhere for an added bit of GTFO power for the occasional slow ass pedestrian or honking moron (here in BC, this is an issue)