PDA

View Full Version : New and Hopelessly in Love

Scottyhumps
07-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Hello all. I live in SE Michigan, I'm 18 and heading to school in the fall to study undeclared. I split my time between hanging out with friends and browsing the internet. Enough about me though, that can come out later. What I'm here for is to talk about my first true love. I picked him up two weeks ago and have fallen even more in love with him each day. He's a 1986 Honda Accord LXi. He seems to be in wonderful condition with 125k miles on him. I've had him checked out by a mechanic who actually seemed thoroughly surprised and impressed at the condition and the way it ran. I will have pictures up here after five posts, along with a few things I'd like to know about my car.

Anything I should know about my car?
Anything I should know about these boards?
Anything you'd like to know about me?

derolph
07-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Welcome. Finding any car that age with a body in good condition in one of the northern states where winters cause havoc to cars is amazing.

By the way, I was just wondering how you know your car is a "him"? :D

Scottyhumps
07-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Welcome. Finding any car that age with a body in good condition in one of the northern states where winters cause havoc to cars is amazing.

By the way, I was just wondering how you know your car is a "him"? :D

I know, there does seem to be a bit of a rust patch under the gas cap, but I plan on taking care of that soon. Anyone know the best way to do that?
I'm not really sure but my car just had a masculine feel, and I've kinda nicknamed him Shenron, as the original dragon ball series aired the year he was made.

Dr_Snooz
07-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Welcome from California!

peterr77
07-25-2012, 07:27 AM
hello, welcome!

obdriver6
08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the forum!

MessyHonda
08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
hola