PDA

View Full Version : eibach springs

wickedaccord
05-11-2002, 09:35 AM
im selling my EIBACH LOWERING SPRINGS. it will lower the car 2 1/2 inches in the front and 2 1/4 in the back for a very nice drop. only used for 1 year. price is 100 dollars firm WITH shipping and handling. please email me at [email protected]
SERIOUS buyers only. no deadbeats! :werd:

wickedaccord
05-11-2002, 09:40 AM
sorry.. forgot.. here's a link of my car with 16 inch wheels
http://89accord.com/jons3rdgen.htm

Jerren
05-11-2002, 09:42 AM
sounds like a good deal but i'm kind of iffy when buying from someone i dont know. what third party company will you be using for this transaction? you should have posted this in the market section as well.

Jerren
05-11-2002, 09:43 AM
you dont even have your location on there man. how are we suppose to know you are legit?

wickedaccord
05-11-2002, 10:04 AM
dude chill.. im not jus gonna post up my info.. ill send it through UPS GROUND .. im in so cal, so like i said.. if any questions email me. thanks for lettin me know about the market location.. im new here.

Jerren
05-11-2002, 10:19 AM
i'm sorry if i may seem a little jumpy but you have to under stand that there are people from our past who may want to do bad thing to us. such as, steal our money.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-11-2002, 10:53 AM
im selling my EIBACH LOWERING SPRINGS. it will lower the car 2 1/2 inches in the front and 2 1/4 in the back for a very nice drop. only used for 1 year. price is 100

Not to be a ass or something, but,....Ummm, I'm really not understanding something here. Eibach doesn't offer the drop your saying you have. www.eibach.com

They offer, 1" and 1.4", nothing else. So you must have sportlines, which are a 1.4" drop. Unless you have springs that someone sold to you, saying they are eibachs, when they are not.
I have seen universal eibach springs from truechoice.com, but since our car use different spring sizes front to rear I didn't look into putting together a package on my own.

RobT5580
05-11-2002, 06:25 PM
No they do have sportlines which are 2 1/4. The prolines are the smaller size.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-11-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
No they do have sportlines which are 2 1/4. The prolines are the smaller size.

No they do not. Why do you think I posted a link to their web site? Here's a cut and paste from their web site, including part#s

PRO-KIT 1.0 in 1.0 in 4005.140
SPORTLINE KIT 1.4 in 1.4 in Varies by engine size and or model 4.0540

Their's no way the sport line is going to vary enough to be the kinda a drop he's talking about. Furthermore, the lowest drop they offer for the 4th gens, is 1.8/1.7, 5th gens 1.4/1.5

Rob, what can you provide to surrport your claim, part#, web site?
Could these be springs they used to make a long time ago? But then that would not match up to him saying he's used them for about a year.

www.nopionline.com no drop lower than 1.4" from eibach listed
www.racesearch.com does not sell any eibach spring
www.shox.com no drop lower than 1.4" from eibach listed
www.optauto.com gives a general discription for all eibach sportlines as being 1.5" to 2.0", no matter the make or car model
www.fastfours.com no drop lower than 1.4" from eibach listed
www.modacar.com no drop lower than 1.6" from eibach listed
www.tirerack.com no drop lower than 1.4" from eibach listed
www.autosupermart.com lists eibach sportlines as being 1.5 to 2.0 drops, but part number matches eibach own 1.4" listing.
www.wholesalehyperformance.com/eibach.html no drop lower than 1.4" from eibach listed
www.rs2motorsport.com/sportline.htm no drop lower that 1.6" from eibach listed part number matches eibachs 1.4" spring#
www.sportscar-parts.com/eibach_springs.htm no drop lower than 1.4" from eibach listed

damackz
05-11-2002, 11:26 PM
haha dun mess with Jim lol he knows his stuff!!! :werd:

s0crates82
05-11-2002, 11:47 PM
hey, i'm in so cal, drop me an email and we can meet up, i might buy em off you, cash of course.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-12-2002, 06:30 AM
haha dun mess with Jim lol he knows his stuff!!!

Hey, don't lol at anyone here please. I don't want anybody to feel put down or anything. That's not my purpose. And I'm not trying to kill his sale. It's just that I've been doing research on the suspension for our cars and the parts you can and cannot get for them, for well over a year. And I've never ever seen a eibach drop for our cars lower than 1.7" Plus I have had several conversations with the techs at eibach, I talked with them at length. And at no time did they mention a drop spring by them that was anylower than what they currently list on their web site. And those conversations were over a year ago.

Frankly I don't care if I am proven wrong. Heck, if you click on the link that wickedaccord provided to see his car, I'll completely agree that he's got a 2 1/2"-2 1/4" drop on his car. It's just a complete mystery to me how that drop could be from eibach springs. It's fine by me if someone can solve the mystery with proof. And just showing that the springs are painted red won't cut it. :rolleyes:

RobT5580
05-12-2002, 11:59 AM
Well i did notice the 2 1/2 that was listed was a mistake but for some reason i was under the impression that it was a 2 1/4 drop and to be honest i have them on my old accord with stock wheels and it is somewhere around 2 1/4 compared to the stock height. When i was buying the springs i noticed many sites had different measurements listed for the same springs. I did check the paperwork that came with them and it doesnt even say a number in inches so i dont know what to say other than i have 2 accords in my driveway and one is lowered on the sportlines and the other is stock and it is rather low and more than 1 1/2. I was planning on buying the prolines because im putting 17s on my new accord with Koni struts and i think they may actually tuck under a little which i dont want so i guess im gonna have to try the wheels on my old accord and see how it looks before i spend the money on the shorter spring.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-12-2002, 04:32 PM
I did check the paperwork that came with them and it doesnt even say a number in inches so i dont know what to say other than i have 2 accords in my driveway and one is lowered on the sportlines

Oh please tell me their is a part number on that paper work. Please post that part number. I'd love to call eibach and ask them about it.:)

RobT5580
05-12-2002, 05:15 PM
Im not saying your wrong about the sizes i just think its a bigger drop than 1.6 inches. The part number on my receipt is EIB-4.0540 which probably is what they say is the 1.6 Drop. I just happen to have 2 89 Accord Coupes to compare to and i just think the measurements are off a bit and i thought i had seen somewhere saying a 2.25 drop for the sportlines which i cant find now. Maybe sometime this week i will take pics of both cars and email it to u to show u what im talking about. I know better than to trust what i see on web sites and even what people tell me on the phone from past experiences.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-12-2002, 08:43 PM
I know better than to trust what i see on web sites and even what people tell me on the phone from past experiences.

Tokico tech's ='s not so good (except tiffany)
Eibach tech's ='s very well informed and on top of their game
Koni tech's ='s dito to eibach tech's + a pleasure to talk to.

I could see a valid point of contention with thrusting what a web site says. But we are talking about the company that made those springs and their own site. Plus not just one or two sites, but ten web sites that are saying the same thing. So I have to ask, how long ago was it that you got those springs? Maybe, they revamped the spring for less of a drop?

RobT5580
05-13-2002, 05:45 AM
I have just had problems in the past when dealing with some companies and for example some companies have different heights listed for the same spring which they say is from different engine sizes possibly but the accord either came carbed or FI not with a V6 so i dont see that being a valid point in our generation accords. I bought them probably a year or a year and a half ago somewhere in there. I will take pics if it ever stops raining here and email them to you just to show the difference in height and both have good struts in them and i had a 89 Accord coupe DX before as well. But you definately know what your talking about Jim and thanks for getting back to me on the Koni's....Rob

Jims 86LXI HB
05-13-2002, 07:21 AM
DING I've got an idea. Think back to when you first installed those springs. Is it possible that they have settled down from a 1.4" drop to a 2.25 drop that your seeing now?
Could it be possible that they went down to the present height after breaking in and settling? Just a thought, it would explain everything. And yes the part number listed on your invoice for those springs is the same eibach lists for its 1.4" drop spring.
EIB-4.0540

BTW, my 2nd attempt to email modacar got returned to,.:confused:

RobT5580
05-13-2002, 01:58 PM
Yeah i give up on Modacar.com they are a pain for one i had ordered something and it was discontinued but they billed me for it and took something like 3wks to credit my account and then i tried to order the Koni's which you did verify were not made for our accords but i tried before i knew that and they emailed me today saying that they were discontinued.....If your correct they were never even made....I will avoid doing business with them in the future. The first time i even called to see if the product was in stock and i was told it was on the shelf. Needless to say i did order the Koni specials and thanks again Jim for the info.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-13-2002, 06:17 PM
:D They emailed you because I called them and told them they were wrong. And that you had placed a order for those struts and they needed to get in touch with you. He dreamed up the,"maybe they were discontinued" idea while I was talking to him. Let's see how long it takes them to fix the error on the web site. ;)

Email me when you get your struts. I learned a few important things from doing my own that I'd like to tell you about.

Night Rida
05-13-2002, 06:32 PM
DING,
Hey Jim, I was thinin the same thing after readin the first page of this thread, it might be possible that they have settled after a while of use. but can you help me with this, I am looking to get a 2 inch drop in the near future, what brand do you recommend? I am not looking to spend a fortune, to my recollection NOPI has the 2 inch from suspension tech, are they good to go with? And will they drop more after the break in? I would like for them too.
Thanks, Jay
Night Rida:badass:

Jims 86LXI HB
05-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Well I called Eibach latter today and talked to one of their techs about this whole situation. This is what he said. When asked if it was possible that they would have changed the spring from a 2.25" drop to the 1.4" drop that is now listed, answer: no it would have a different part number. When asked it was possible that the springs settled during the breakin period from 1.4 to 2.25. Answer: no, you should never see any more than a 1/4" from any spring brand from settling. He also did not think they ever offered a drop lower than 1.4 for our car. But that sounded like a opinion, not firm fact to me. I did mention to him robs situation with him having the part number and all and how just looking at his car you can see it's lower than a 1.4" drop.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-13-2002, 09:59 PM
I am looking to get a 2 inch drop in the near future, what brand do you recommend? I am not looking to spend a fortune, to my recollection NOPI has the 2 inch from suspension tech, are they good to go with? And will they drop more after the break in? I would like for them too.

I think the speed tech springs your talking about are a good spring at a good price. I might me inclined to spend a extra $30 and get 2" drop springs for www.optauto.com from progress group. But I can't say to you any other reason to do the same, other then I like the reputation of progress group and I had a really good phone conversation with them,(sorry gotta be honest). Back to the suspension techniques springs. I doubt you'd see them go much lower than the 2" they say they do. I for one haven't seen much of a change with my H&R's. BTW I have owned suspension tech springs on a previous car and have nothing bad to say about them. You just gotta love a decent lowering spring for only $97

What struts to go with is up to you. If your not as hell bent to haul ass as me and aren't as picky, the tokicos should be fine. Otherwise koni's are the way to go.

Justanothermike
05-13-2002, 10:04 PM
i dunno about them eibach springs either. i have a hunch that they sag. i've seen 4th gens with sportlines slammed to the floor

Night Rida
05-14-2002, 07:04 AM
Okay Jim,
Thanks for the help man.
Jay
Night Rida:badass:

Jerren
05-14-2002, 02:22 PM
what happened to wickedaccord? why aren't you defending yourself>

wickedaccord
05-15-2002, 08:04 AM
:huh: y should i defend myself.. this thread began as a sales and it turned out to be an arguement about springs settling in and how lowered it is. :sadwave: hey im not tryin to pull anyones arm, i jus want to get rid of the damn thing cuz it's jus sittin there. if u dont like it,.. i aint forcing u to like it or buy it. cant we all jus get along????

Jerren
05-15-2002, 10:50 AM
you were on a role until that "can't well all just get along" comment. that was kind of...how do i say.... H to the IzzO M to the IzzO.

wickedaccord
05-17-2002, 08:17 AM
:wtf: yea like i said y cant we all jus get along. we're here to help out eachother not in competition of who knows more than wat.. it may not be put that way,.. but when i sometimes read these threads that's wat the outcome seems to be with some ppl here. :werd:

Jims 86LXI HB
05-17-2002, 11:06 AM
Hey what didn't make sense, now does. You said you had them cut, nuff said. This post was a simple exchange of idea's trying to figure out what was up. If you would have been a little more honest about what you are selling, you would not have caught my eye. Don't you think anyone thinking about buying them would want to know the springs your selling were cut.

Good luck selling them, I think the price is right.

wickedaccord
05-17-2002, 05:00 PM
thanks anyways.,. it's sold

as for the other engine mods.. i will post up threads as soon as i get my motor dropped in for those of u who r interested. thanks
:werd: