PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the game, need help

bscanlan
07-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Hello all, my name is Brian and I had 1989 Honda Accord SEi. Very much want to get another 88 or 89 preferably coupe and now I'm looking at a couple of options. Need to know, is the carb version considerably different than EFI version? I've seen a carbureted version with low miles and looks good but I'm not certain how different maintenance is and what my modification options are. Like can I still do a cold air or short ram intake. I would very much appreciate others' experiences with the carb version. I'm just not certain if it's wise to go with a carb or if I should keep looking for fuel injected. Thanks, and it is great to get back to the third-generation:thumbup:

2oodoor
07-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome :cool:
I own one of each (Carb and EFI) and even I wouldn't tell you which is better, I like them both.
You can make a CAI that works on a oem carb engine, but it is easier to make one work with a Weber since you can get an adapter that allows a four barrel air intake flange fit it.

bscanlan
07-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I will be looking intently over the coming weeks.

Dr_Snooz
07-17-2012, 10:12 PM
The Keihin carbs are of the devil.

bscanlan
08-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the replies and thanks for this site's accumulated knowledge. I though I lost one last week and was just about to put the search on ice for a while when I found an LXi coupe. I may go get it in a couple days, so I am getting my posts up to 5 so I can show some pics. :lock: