PDA

View Full Version : 87 Honda accord lxi FI 2.0 (Need to get SOME gas out)

renostylz
07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey just joined 3geez idk why i never made an account have been on this fourm for a year since i purchased my lxi.

bought the car dead and has been a project ever since, had NO floor when i got it all rusted to crap replaced it, painted it down, and have been working keeping it alive, it runs pretty decent but still has some idle issues, due to vaulve leeks i find some every day, not to mention theres some type of hose cut from the manifold that goes somewhere both are crimped, this fourm and you all have been helpfull getting this beauty to run and now im back for more direct help.

i recently dislocated my should and couldent work, lost car insurance due to money problems, im using another car and the insite needs some gas prolly about 3 gallons of gas for now. i have a FULL tank in my accord, but i dont want to drain the whole thing.

any way i can drain out a good amount of gas from the tank it self thru the engine compartment or somthing like that i suppose? any help would be appriciated., i still have a few hours of day light left today. but when ever, would love to post a picture of it but digi cam hasent turned on in months -_- (kodak) !!! anyways thanks for the help,

its fuel injected stock 87 motor, lxi. MANUAL!!!!!

tried taking off hoses going to the fi but i think im getting the wrong area

:dunno: im stumped :dunno:

2oodoor
07-20-2012, 03:23 PM
You can access the tanks directly by pulling out the back seat. Little mouse hole covers you pop off and presto!

Dr_Snooz
07-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Siphon it! You just need a length of hose. Stick it down the filler neck, give a suck and you're golden! Clear tubing is best, unless you want a mouthful of gas.

2oodoor
07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I assume that would be the first course of action too but everything mentioned here lead me to think siphoning from the filer didn't work.
A lot of vehicles are next to impossible to get a dEcent size hose in or have anti siphon devices...
I would try to improvise a squeeze siphon out of a mustard bottle and hoses or something if the gas isn't a beverage of chioce lol:nervous:

elpuma
07-20-2012, 06:07 PM
When i need to take gas out of mine i just raise it up and drain it through the drain hole that is at the bottom of the tank.

Vanilla Sky
07-20-2012, 06:33 PM
You can jump the main relay so the fuel pump is wired on and undo one of the hoses in the engine bay, either at the fuel filter or the fuel rail. Make sure you depressurize your system BEFORE cracking open the first banjo fitting.

2ndGenPreludeSi
07-21-2012, 07:57 AM
When i need to take gas out of mine i just raise it up and drain it through the drain hole that is at the bottom of the tank.

Haha, thats what i was gonna say. If it's the same as the 2g prelude then there should be a bolt in the bottom of the tank.. Drivers side rear

Legend_master
07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
There is a drain bolt, it should work fot your needs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/screenshot-1342895639378.png

A18A
07-21-2012, 03:01 PM
You can jump the main relay so the fuel pump is wired on and undo one of the hoses in the engine bay, either at the fuel filter or the fuel rail. Make sure you depressurize your system BEFORE cracking open the first banjo fitting.

this.

put the line in a container/bottle, unplug the black/white wire from the the starter solenoid & hold the key in the start position to pump it out :thumbup: pretty much no physical effort required

lostforawhile
07-21-2012, 03:26 PM
an entire thread on how to siphon gas? :help:

Vanilla Sky
07-21-2012, 03:47 PM
an entire thread on how to siphon gas? :help:

An entire post commenting on a threat about how to siphon gas? :toilet:

lostforawhile
07-21-2012, 04:13 PM
an entire post commenting on a threat about how to siphon gas? :toilet: :thumbup: best thing to do is pull the fuel pump loose stick a hand siphon pump in there with a gas can and siphon, disconnect the battery first, I don't like the idea of high pressure gas coming out of the FI line to a can that's a lot of fuel vapor to ignite

Vanilla Sky
07-21-2012, 04:33 PM
It's really not that huge of flow. I've done it before, putting the line that comes from the firewall into a bucket. We're not talking about hundreds of PSI here. Just make sure you have means to put out a fuel fire, and water from a household water hose likely won't cut it in case of fire.

renostylz
07-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys i haven't had time to reply to any of you but i used legend and 2oodoors ideas and got right in. to one of you yes i couldn't siphon thru filler neck, the original was all rotted out down to the underside and hose was all torn up from years of junk kicking up. there is no tire wall in the rears or fronts. the seats came right out and bing, gasoline, took about 4 gallons out and the other car was happy to drink it.

but thank you to everybody the help was great.

Google failed me at that point :)

import racer
07-31-2012, 07:37 AM
Not all the gas tanks have a drain plug,I had a couple that didn't have one.