PDA

View Full Version : Selling 1982 Accord Sedan

Spektyr
07-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I have a silver '82 sedan with 109k original miles, I'm the second owner (my grandfather bought it new) and it has been very well maintained imho.

I would post links to my advertisements (and will edit them into this post when I can) except for the whole 5 post minimum requirement. It just seems a little cheap and self-serving for me to run around you folks' nice forum to pepper out a few posts just so I can post a link so I'm not going to do that.

On the upside, it's not like you see a silver 1982 Accord sedan that isn't rusted out for sale every other day, so it's easy to find the advertisement if you're interested. I have one on thisoldhonda dot org, and one on the Drive Accord Forums (driveaccord dot net) in their classified ads section.

You can confirm you found the right one because this username is in the email address shown on This Old Honda, and is the same username I have on the Drive Accord forums.

Keep in mind that the dollar amount I put on the car serves two purposes: first, it reflects the fact that this is a very nice car and, perhaps more importantly, it keeps all the morons who wouldn't know what to do with a great old car like this from shooting off thousands of emails asking me if I've got this or that stupid engine mod on the car.

I don't pay asking price when I buy a car, and I don't ask my bottom number when I sell one. Seeing this car go to someone who will appreciate it is worth a fair number of dollars to me anyway, so if you have a serious offer don't keep it to yourself because you think I won't like it. I might not, but I'm not going to get offended if you don't see the same value I do, and there's always the chance I might take the offer.

Thanks for your time.

Dr_Snooz
07-25-2012, 10:05 PM
http://thisoldhonda.org/ads_detail.php?ID=2689

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72221

Good luck with your sale. I miss my '82 to this very day. It was a heck of a car.

Spektyr
07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks, and yep those are the correct links. Thanks for that as well.

These are fantastic little cars, we just have too many cars for too few drivers at the moment and have to make some hard decisions. Too many cars, too many hobbies... you know how it is.

88LXi68
07-27-2012, 10:35 AM
glad you found your way over. Hopefully it finds a good home.

Arislan
07-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks, and yep those are the correct links. Thanks for that as well.

These are fantastic little cars, we just have too many cars for too few drivers at the moment and have to make some hard decisions. Too many cars, too many hobbies... you know how it is.

It's too bad you don't live here in LA as I'd be all over that Accord. Good luck with the sale!

Spektyr
08-26-2012, 09:54 AM
I've dropped the asking price to $2400.

I'm still taking offers, so if you want to make a serious offer under that amount go right ahead. I can't guarantee I'll take it but you won't offend me.

Spektyr
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
The car has been sold.

2ndGenGuy
11-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Can I ask what you got for it? Just curious! :)