PDA

View Full Version : Need cupholders

247shuer247
07-31-2012, 04:55 AM
so i am in need of cup holders ...
and i dont want to buy those cheesy ones that
hang on the window and the se-i ones are pretty cheap

i was wondering what kind of cup holders you all have ?

pics anyone ???

88lxi-shortram
07-31-2012, 10:01 AM
before i had the sei cupholders i went to napa bought a 3 dollar cupholder tray combo (2 cupholders, coin counter, and storage tray) and simply used the middle seatbelt to tightly hold it down. its works great if the passenger and driver use the cupholder on the opposite side them so that you can easily reach back w/o strangly extending your arm and keep your eyes on the road. other than that... sei's are your only choice. but keep in mind as awesome as it is to have sei cupholders they only hold can sized shit :/

DBMaster
07-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Still like these...

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/folding+cup+holder.do?sortby=ourPicks

Had one in my Accord.

niles
07-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Those are cool DBMaster. Where did you put it, on the door?

DBMaster
07-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Yes. I only installed one because I rarely had passengers in the car. I had the best mounting results with some flatish threaded inserts I bought at Home Depot. I took off the door panel and positioned the insert on the back side of the door panel. You could just drill and use the sheet metal screws provided, but there are too many things you can drill into. It holds a variety of cup/bottle sizes securely, but you have to be careful if you have a drink in it and need to close the door.

247shuer247
07-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Still like these...

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/folding+cup+holder.do?sortby=ourPicks

Had one in my Accord.

Have you encountered problems with drinks being on the door ?

247shuer247
07-31-2012, 12:25 PM
before i had the sei cupholders i went to napa bought a 3 dollar cupholder tray combo (2 cupholders, coin counter, and storage tray) and simply used the middle seatbelt to tightly hold it down. its works great if the passenger and driver use the cupholder on the opposite side them so that you can easily reach back w/o strangly extending your arm and keep your eyes on the road. other than that... sei's are your only choice. but keep in mind as awesome as it is to have sei cupholders they only hold can sized shit :/

yeah thats exactly my point i love the se-i arm rest and wish i had one

but ive tried the cupholders and i dont even think they make cups that size anymore lol

obd0driver
07-31-2012, 02:07 PM
lol cup holders. I have the EQ and CD player in mine and to go with it I have a nothing in my car with out a lid rule. bottles only. ahhahahah may that's why people don't wanna ride with me.

DBMaster
07-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Guys, I RARELY ever kept drinks in my car. I had the cupholder there for the purpose of bringing the occasional Starbucks to work in the morning or bringing home the even more occasional fast food drink. So, the possibility of closing the door too hard and sloshing a drink was not a concern for me. The doors happen to have the larger flat areas suitable for mounting of this type of holder. I liked the fact that it had a spring loaded "flap" in the center that allowed it to securely hold anything from soda-can size drinks to the ridiculous bucket-size drinks that they sell now. It is certainly not the ideal solution, but better to me than the possibility of sticky crap spilling into my stereo.

So, it's just an option, but one that was well made.