PDA

View Full Version : Hatch runs cold .... Need opinions !!!

247shuer247
07-31-2012, 12:20 PM
So I Was recently having problems with my hatchback over heating ....

it would be fine on the freeway but if there was traffic i was SOL:uh:

so i went about replacing the entire cooling system..
i replaced the radiator and cap. flushed out all the hoses bought a new
thermostat my next step was to change the water pump. But then
i noticed that now she does not warm up at all.

what type of problems can this bring me??

and what can i do to fix this ?

BTW the fans have always turned on after the car turned off does this have anything to do with it ??

any help is appreciated

jzdude
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Check if the thermostat is stuck open or if thermostat is rated at a lower temperature. Or probably the temp sensor came loose get a infared thermometer and aim at stuff to seem what the temp is.

fans should shut off after you turn the key off.

Vanilla Sky
07-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Yup, sounds like a stuck thermostat to me. It's not uncommon for a stuck closed thermostat to stick open if it does free itself.

Demon1024
07-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Lol I have the same problem with my coupe. It'll warm up if it sits long enough, but drops back to bottom of gauge when it gets going. New thermostat may def. be your problem, may have to take it back out and test it in a pot on the stove. Use a food thermometer and see if it opens/close as it should. If that's not it the gauge or the temp sensor itself may be about to bite it... er just outta wack (needs to be replaced).

".... came loose get a infared thermometer and aim at stuff...."
^^^ that^^^
make sure your not still overheating lol. Not sure where you'd really go about pointing it though, or what it should say even....

247shuer247
08-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Check if the thermostat is stuck open or if thermostat is rated at a lower temperature. Or probably the temp sensor came loose get a infared thermometer and aim at stuff to seem what the temp is.

fans should shut off after you turn the key off.

yeah i know its so weird because even if the key is out they still run ...

and the thermostat is brand new i checked it before i put it in but i dont
know what temp its rated at ...

and the thermosnsor is brand new as well