PDA

View Full Version : My Review of : Dropzone Coilovers and Tokicos

jigga225
10-19-2002, 08:03 PM
Hey whas the deal
I am just postin about what I did to the car last weekend.
After paying for the paintjob from my wreck... http://www.boomspeed.com/jigga225/front_hit1.jpg
I was kinda short on bread and tired of the bouncy-bottoming out ride of my cut suspension tek springs. So I went and bought a set of dropzone coilovers ($116) to use with my tokicos, I kinda went on a limb cause everybody was telling me no or idunno.

Well the dropZones came with 450 springs for the front and 350 springs for the back. Jim told me that GC's use 350s for the front so thats what I did. My CUT susp. tek springs I was usin for the front were weaker than that, so I put them on the back with the coilover sleeves. I tightened everything up and I'm ridin clean

RIDE quality: the ride is sooo much better than cut springs. I trimmed the bumpstops and dropped it about a little less than two finger-widths all around. It doesnt bounce anymore, not when I'm on the interstate OR when I'm curisin slow.
There's maybe an extra bounce when I come off somethin like a speedbump, but I'll take that.

Performance : I'm not one to really swing corners hard and fast, but it feels tight and doesnt lean when I'm swervin lanes.

Thanks for readin my post and hit me if you have any questions on what I did............ Holla Back

Jims 86LXI HB
10-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Yeah it made allot more sense to run 350lbs spring rates in the front rather than 450 in your case. Glad it work out for ya. The ride you discribe is how the Bilsteins rode before I had them revalved.

smufguy
10-24-2002, 01:06 PM
ahhh fuckz. what did u hit? a deer or a fat lady? sorry about the hood man.

jigga225
10-24-2002, 04:41 PM
somebody hit me, and when I got out of the car they drove off. Police caught them and they didnt have insurance, so I had to pay myself