PDA

View Full Version : Checkin in

rustlude87
08-01-2012, 03:45 PM
How is everyone these days? Ive been super busy and haven't posted but how are everyone's projects going?

fuzz86lude
08-02-2012, 09:47 AM
mine is coming together.. building the manifold for the turbo. then dropping the engine in and breaking it all in..

gfrg88
08-02-2012, 10:03 AM
My car's still sitting.. collecting parts. I'm probably gonna pull the engine out here soon. What's the deal with your car? You rebuilding it?

rustlude87
08-02-2012, 04:21 PM
This has been what I've been working on Gio
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/599752_464465033572441_213722271_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/549361_10150769196582258_1125499436_n.jpg

I plan on parting out the white prelude and starting on the red one

Fuzz do you still have that weird manifold?

rjudgey
08-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm building a B20A for Benny's lude after he shot blasted the inside of it with his fancy rocker cover! lol!

Other than that all ludes off the road for now need to put some valve guide seals on the silver race lude then I might get it ready for some winter track sessions or possibly trailor it to the Drag strip

fuzz86lude
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
yeah.. it's bolted on the turbo engine right now.

here's the build pic right after the head was torqued down.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/fuzz86lude/IMG_20120612_224659.jpg

hondalude86
08-27-2012, 06:08 PM
I've been busy driving, weither it be the Del Sol across the damn country and back, or rapping on the white prelude in the mountain roads, or just plain offending the granola eating hippies with the loud, fuely, obnoxious red prelude...

I've been so busy with my current job that its hard to really do much... I got some issues sorted with the 88 accord coupe (which i have back in my possesion again, for like the 3rd time)... Still needs some parts to get all the interior wiring back going in the right direction... Got the issue with the parasitic draw figured out...

The red prelude had a dead battery situation where the main starter wire had rubbed through and grounded out the battery shorting it to no battery juice! was able to correct that and had to put the ole odyseey battery on the trickle charger, took about 18.5 hours to recharge, but all it well there...

With the B16b in the slo and with a factory LSD, the car is a blast to drive... Sure its not a 430whp monster car anymore, but it has yet to break down!!! Getting 32mpgs in town and 29mpgs on the highway i couldn't be happier... Not to mention that even with the "stance" coilovers and cheap tires (Sunew, never heard of them...) the car feels at home in the fast mountain roads and the fast Southern country roads, really couldn't beleive how fast the car felt back home! barking tires in 4th! (cheap tires still though) Got a used dizzy that i can disessemble to fix my timing issue and hopefully get a couple more ponies opened up top again, and enjoy revving to 9k!! Here is a small video for everyones pleasure there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPv348iRnmk&feature=youtu.be

The white prelude is still leaking fuel out the return line, but has yet to catch fire!!! With a b18c1 waiting to rebuilt this winter and talks of LSD and Turbos that spool by 2k at full boost, next year could have the largest jump in power in the Positive that car has ever seen! Be looking for a freshened up gsr motor, an LSD from wavetrac, and 300+whp next spring to really chew up some fast roads!!!

All in all, I'm car rich, but its making me cash poor!!! uggg

cygnus x-1
08-28-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm still kicking around here. My two project cars ('87 'lude and '86 Samurai) have been off the road for about 2 years now, mostly due to lack of funds to keep them going. Things are picking up though so I started rebuilding the diesel in the 'zuk. I'm hoping to get that one road worthy in the next month. Waiting for a new oil pump at the moment.

The 'lude is in about 1000 pieces in the garage. I have multiple projects going with it including:

- completely redoing the brakes to a booster-less system with 11" front rotors and 10" rears
- reworking the ITBs to address some alignment issues I had earlier
- adding an air box to get cold air to the ITBs
- replacing some of the less than satisfactory fuel lines
- redoing the wiring for the Megasquirt for the third time (at least)
- The interior was mostly stripped out to remove the heater core (and rerun brake/fuel lines) and I'm contemplating leaving it out and just turning the car into a stripped out racer
- I have an idea to add an in car PC so I can tune the MS at will. The tuning software can also be used as a dashboard so I can replace the dash with a couple LCD displays. There is a way to make this fit into the stock dash panel but it's a ton of work and I'm thinking it might just be easier to leave the stock dash out entirely since it doesn't serve much purpose anymore.
- The body has some rust holes, which is part of the justification for stripping out the stock interior and making a simple control panel. The holes are not TOO bad but I don't think the car is worth restoring to stock at this point.
- The rear suspension needs to be aligned since I converted it to heim links
- Oh, and I still have the big valve head to finish

It will be a miracle if I finish this thing in my lifetime. :Owned:

C|

rustlude87
08-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Cygnus what are you building that car for????? You might as well start tracking the thing. Also could you possibly make a very detailed write up where you got your parts for your rear suspension?

cygnus x-1
08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Cygnus what are you building that car for????? You might as well start tracking the thing. Also could you possibly make a very detailed write up where you got your parts for your rear suspension?

Well, to be honest I'm not really building it for anything. Being an engineer I'm always trying to improve things to make them better/faster/stronger, so it's mostly turned into a hobby project that I work on occasionally. I'm not competitive at all so I have very little interest in racing beyond just seeing what the car can do. I guess mostly I just want it to be a fun street car that I can drive on nice days during the summer.

I detailed the suspension to some extent over on PP but I could post that here too. One issue with it though is that I haven't totally worked out how the sway bar will be attached. It normally attaches to the the lower control arm, but those are gone now. Most likely I'm going to turn a muffler clamp into a mounting bracket and put it around the rear shock. This will then be in the way of the parking brake cable so I may have to live without a PB.

C|

247shuer247
08-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Ive been going crazy doing mods and fine tuning this damn bumper and now i finnaly got it on and nice 3rd gen accord with a 3rd gen prelude bumper

anybody intersted ? who wants pics??

rjudgey
09-02-2012, 11:58 AM
no rear sway bar isn't a biggy I haven't had one for years on mine handles just fine without it and goes quicker down the straight from less weight! lol!

rustlude87
09-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Rich, the only problem is I think my prelude needs a rear bar now.... I've been spoiled driving properly setup cars...

hondalude86
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
I also agree, these cars need rear sway bars to make this thing even more badass! Its the tires that are holding your car back rich, and once you get that straightened out proper, you'll see that you'll wish you had more oversteer without having to go all wacky with the preload in the rear!