PDA

View Full Version : new to 3geez

Deathconfess
08-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Hey everyone, I'm aaron from south louisiana. Just got my hands on a 89 accord lx. Got 170k miles and needs a good amount of work done to it, but its worth saving in my opinion. Sat up for about 7 years of its life then some ricer put an exhaust that doesn't even fit and melted the rear bumper really bad, unskilled interior paint that's halfway done, leaking, rusted out trunk seal and a bad rust in the tank. Just got a second job to get it back right again. Currently I do not have a picture of it but ill post them later today. Going for stock look on exterior with 06 accord rims and classy interior. Was going to h22 swap but I've decided to keep the a20 with minor engine mods. Not to race but for good performance and comfortable ride.

Dr_Snooz
08-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Welcome! If the trunk fills during the rain, then it's more likely that your rear taillight gaskets need replacing. I don't think the dealers carry them anymore, so you can cut a new one from gasket material, or just squirt a few pennies worth of silicone in place of where the gasket seals. Spend some time reading up on the site before deciding how to proceed with your mods. There is a lot of information here and you can probably be very happy with your A without spending a fortune. For me, a Weber swap would top the list of mods, but that depends on your local smog laws.

Post pics of the car when you get the requisite 5 posts.

obdriver6
08-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Welcome and yeah, if you don't have to worry about the emissions in your state go with the weber.

Deathconfess
08-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Yea I was thinking I may do that later on plus I just got a new oem carb so ill wait a bit on a weber. I need to get the motor running right first and also the t bearing went out so I'm going to change the clutch and resurface the fly while the tranny is down. Need a new distributer, master cylinder and ac compressor as well. Next weekend ill be changing all that out

2oodoor
08-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Katrina survivor? There are a lot of rusted floorboards and trunks in South LOuisiana I bet. Probably wouldn't hurt to cleanout the gas tank if it sat around any.
Welcome Aaron

Reminds me too that the fuel lines are inside the car under the carpet, they can rust too.

Deathconfess
08-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Yea man, she was under a huge oak tree for 7 years so the trunk seals are all rusted out. I plan to drop the tank and clean it out and rreplace the filters and fuel pump prob the lines too.

romanjcg
08-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey guys, Roman here from Los Angeles California. Hoping to contact others who love these 3gee cars and to find hard to find parts for my 89 prelude. Keep up the good work, drive safe :)