PDA

View Full Version : new audio project

Deathconfess
08-07-2012, 05:31 AM
So I'm in the market for a completly new system. 4-6x9 3 ways, 2-8" subs, and 4-6.5" 2 ways. Working on a special console box that will house the 6x9s in the middle of the rear seat. I would like to go with the same brand all around. Can anyone suggest a brand for this setup? I like a loud and clear full range sound with a moderate bass.

Vanilla Sky
08-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Skip the 6x9s all together, but go with at least 10" subs, preferably 14" subs. Having too many mid and high range drivers makes it sound tinny and you lose all of your staging. My system will have only a pair of full range speakers, just like the audio gods intended. The only time you need more mid and high range drivers is if you're planning on a 5.1 or similar system, like the one Sabz5150 used to have in his car. You should check that out to see what a real 5.1 system looks like.

Being brand loyal with audio equipment is only good for one thing, and that's to get a sponsor for a sound competition car. Unless you're going for SPL, which you're not given your system, you should stick with a more conventional system.

Deathconfess
08-08-2012, 04:48 AM
One of my friends has a similar setup as mine and it sounds almost perfect but he has 10s and its too bassy for me. I wouldn't mind doing away with the 6x9s if I could find some killer 6.5s for the doors and back dash.

Deathconfess
08-08-2012, 05:16 AM
One of my friends has a similar setup as mine and it sounds almost perfect but he has 10s and its too bassy for me. I wouldn't mind doing away with the 6x9s if I could find some killer 6.5s for the doors and back dash.

Vanilla Sky
08-08-2012, 06:54 AM
What's your budget? Are you willing to install separates instead of coaxials? A set of Infinity Kappas up front powered by a 100x2 amp will do all you need for full range. You can always dial back the bass by turning the gain on your amp down.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Budget is a big one... What is your budget for the system?

Also, forgo the 6x9's for sure. 6.5" round speakers will always sound better. 6x9s may have a bit more output, but i'd pass on them myself.

Also, why the need for so many speakers? Unless you are building some sort of show car, spending the money you would spend on 4 speakers on 2 better speakers will net you way better sound quality and output. And more power to send to the speakers then too.

Deathconfess
08-08-2012, 07:20 PM
My total car budget is 5k. However she needs a good amount of work so id like to stay under 1000 for audio

POS carb
08-09-2012, 09:17 AM
if you're planning on a 5.1 or similar system, like the one Sabz5150 used to have in his car.

I can't find any of the pics :(

MessyHonda
08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
not sure if sabz converted his SE-i but i know his sedan he had it in