PDA

View Full Version : Carpet recommendations??

King Peetis
08-12-2012, 05:32 AM
I am thinking of replacing my carpet and I have surfed to find one of good quality and great fit. Anyone have a recommendation from experience? How about the ebay ones?

mykwikcoupe
08-12-2012, 06:15 AM
I went with an ebay company. It was 3 initials I remeber that. They sent me samples of the colors andstyle that I asked for and made it from a higher end carpet then what the original carpet was. I went with an ultra plush short knap black like the german cars. I should have gotten the floor mats at the same time but i had my hopes to find a stock sei set. Never did. Its not like Ive ever driven the car since it went in but the company worked with me and reassured it would fit. It fit Id say better then the old worn out one that came out. I would spray a few areas with glue if i ever pulled it back up. Let us know what you find. I want to say mine was about $250 for the trunck and cabin.

2oodoor
08-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Just my opinion, I think the mats are more important since very little carpet is exposed if you have oem style mats. A company that will do both sounds great.

247shuer247
08-18-2012, 05:02 AM
I am thinking of replacing my carpet and I have surfed to find one of good quality and great fit. Anyone have a recommendation from experience? How about the ebay ones?

i have tried the ebay carpet seems just fine also a little tidbit the carpet of a 2nd gen prelude fits perfect thats what i have got it off a dude super cheap brand new couldnt pass the deal up

King Peetis
08-18-2012, 03:24 PM
i have tried the ebay carpet seems just fine also a little tidbit the carpet of a 2nd gen prelude fits perfect thats what i have got it off a dude super cheap brand new couldnt pass the deal up

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I wish we had a list of all the parts that could we interchange. I tried starting something like that once but folks just weren't interested...

lostforawhile
08-18-2012, 03:24 PM
I think auto carpet originals still has the hatch carpet

oldschool3g
08-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Ive been looking for a place to get new carpet as well king..let me know what u go with oif you get one before me:)

lostforawhile
08-18-2012, 04:13 PM
they must have gone out of buisness dammit