PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results

lostscotiaguy
08-13-2012, 03:49 PM
This is old but I thought I'd share it anyway.

This is from my 81...the air cleaner was removed (For sh**s and giggles) before testing.
This is a lazily maintained but unabused motor (EK1) with over 184000 miles on it. These are pretty decent numbers when compared to the factory output figures.

http://i.imgur.com/ktM9x.jpg?4

2ndGenGuy
08-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Wait... what does it say?! I can't read it! I've been dying to see one of these things forever! Any chance you can get a less-compressed image? I take it's it's a HP vs Speed chart? Too bad it wasn't HP vs RPM. I assume it was done in 3rd gear? I can probably figure out RPM based on that.

EDIT: Okay I guess I see max HP 68, max TQ 87. Good to know! I was hoping to get a little dyno / ignition tuning time in this month. See if the MegaJolt and Weber add any improvements over stock, then go for the DCOEs and header I'm going to be installing. :)

lostscotiaguy
08-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Hopefully this is a little better:
Sorry about the blur! This was printed when the printer was almost out of ink, I tried boosting the colors a bit, and I can't seem to find the perfect balance between image quality and size...the original is HUGE when I just leave it as is but at least all the details are crisp. I'll post it if requested but hopefully this will suffice. I HATE sidescrolling on a pic so I try to avoid posting pics large enough to require it.
[http://i.imgur.com/kvfhg.jpg?1

1GCustomAccord
08-13-2012, 06:44 PM
That HP figure is at wheel or at flywheel?

2ndGenGuy
08-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah that's much better! Thanks man! When I dyno'd my 84, the guy said it was the lowest dyno he'd ever done. And I put down like 78hp!

Hazwan
08-13-2012, 09:49 PM
I wonder what mine would be like... 50ish whp?

2ndGenGuy
08-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Probably about the same as his. The EL made damn near the same horsepower as the EK. I think the EK had a bit more torque though.

lostscotiaguy
08-14-2012, 11:25 PM
It was at the wheel. It was done in 4th (Which is actually an overdrive gear), there's no direct drive gear on this (3rd is 1.291, 4th is .928) so the numbers are a little lower than they would be but I think the difference is relatively miniscule.

Hazwan: Yeah according to wikipedia the Hp figures seem the same between the EL and the EK1 (The #'s were from a 77, rated at 72 HP) so my bet is that 2nd gen is right.