PDA

View Full Version : My car is dying.

Inabj2
10-20-2002, 12:22 AM
My 3geez is a trully beaten pos of a car, Aside from the dents, in the side, the missing siding in the rear left door, It has internal and eletrical problems. The locks open but when I open on the drivers side door it makes this embarrassing PFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT noise. But this I can deal with, my car is dying from the inside to.

The car wont start, Its getting very difficult to start, it starts after a long struggle, My brother took a look at it, and says the torque converter is completely shot to fucking hell, its kinda like a flywheel with missing "teeth" Its completely worn out, some "teeth" are missing.

Also when I manage the miracle of turning the damn car on. The idle is fucking crazy, it revs to 2 k then back down over and down, my brother is the fucking Idle air control module sensor, or whatever the fuck it is, chrysler calls it by the acronym of IS. The injectors are bleeding and i get the pgm-fi light when I rev. Worth noting is the weird idle happens only at Parking, and the thing seems to happen in cold weather the most? And teh car smells like gas.

My car sucks dick. whats your take on it? Oh yea it only has near 200,000 miles.

A20A1
10-20-2002, 12:45 AM
Where are the EFI tech guys... Carotman would know. I think

smufguy
10-20-2002, 08:03 PM
brother, i feel your pain. and it seems like its gonna be a lotta job to be done to your car. If u ever have ur check eingine line come on, check the ECU codes. Ur blessed with an EFI. IF its something major and u dont wanna go for repairing it. dump the engine and get a swap. U dont have to do a performance swap but get a stock replacement of thewhole engine if u would like. U can also get a lude tranny.

can someone tell me where the torque converter is on our 3g? cause i dont see them anywhere in the manual or in the shop manual.

Inabj2
10-20-2002, 08:06 PM
actually the engine seems in great condition.

smufguy
10-20-2002, 08:08 PM
well if thats the case, then swap just the intake manifold. check the codes first.