PDA

View Full Version : help wiring new radio wires

Deathconfess
08-16-2012, 08:26 PM
somethings not right in the wire harness for the radio. i tried 3 different decks and none power on. i want to just run fresh power wires (the red yellow and blue wires). How would i do this?

dieselgus
08-16-2012, 08:37 PM
check the 7.5A fuse under the hood for the constant power feed to the radio (Whte/blue in the dash? I can't remember offhand). Marked memory or room or clock.

Deathconfess
08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
check the 7.5A fuse under the hood for the constant power feed to the radio (Whte/blue in the dash? I can't remember offhand). Marked memory or room or clock.

i just looked, there is no fuse on slot 11 (ecu clock) is that the fuse your talking about? its a 10

ShyBoyCA6
08-16-2012, 09:31 PM
There should be a fuse there for this, Are you sure you hooked it up correctly?
Since you did the work i would recheck your wiring and the way you crimped/solder them. There is a wiring diagram that you could Google and will answer the color coding for each wire and there should be a wiring diagram with the stereo that you have.

Check:
Stereo fuse
Stereo ground

Red is power, yellow and red is constant power (holds memory) and black is ground.

Deathconfess
08-16-2012, 09:43 PM
There should be a fuse there for this, Are you sure you hooked it up correctly?
Since you did the work i would recheck your wiring and the way you crimped/solder them. There is a wiring diagram that you could Google and will answer the color coding for each wire and there should be a wiring diagram with the stereo that you have.

Check:
Stereo fuse
Stereo ground

Red is power, yellow and red is constant power (holds memory) and black is ground.

i put a fuse in slot missing one under the hood for the ecu and it worked!

lostforawhile
08-16-2012, 09:58 PM
i put a fuse in slot missing one under the hood for the ecu and it worked!

that would be power for the memory part of the radio

Dr_Snooz
08-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Interesting that someone would remove the ECU fuse. I wonder what kinds of running problems you're going to have now.