PDA

View Full Version : how much does th a/c weigh

Mantis88LX
10-20-2002, 10:08 AM
how much does the ac compressor weigh (denso)

bobafett
10-20-2002, 11:14 AM
good question, mine has been broken for years.... i am thinking about chucking it altogether.... :)

also how much does PS wiegh, and how bad will the car be without it? my truck (old mitsu mighty max) doesnt have it, and its a pita, but managable. if you guys think it would either make a noticable difference, or even a non noticable yet present different i will prolly rip it out. :)

i am basically wondering if driving an accord without PS, will be the same (effort wise) as a lil truck, or does it vary from vehicle to vehicle?

Mantis88LX
10-20-2002, 11:33 AM
yea i ripped my a/c compressor along with the condensor and all the lines, out yesterday, it cleaned up the engine bay some, probably lost a bit of weight too.

merlindavis
10-20-2002, 12:38 PM
if you pull out your ps correctly, removing the pump altogether, it will be more difficult to steer, but still very drivable... when you just take off your ps belt it is very hard to steer because your are trying to push fluid through a stationary pump... and i believe your a/c system should weigh somewhere around 30 pounds...

bobafett
10-20-2002, 02:11 PM
hmm, 30 lbs for the AC, i think its worth ditching, thats a lot of weight i could lose for soemthing thats not even working!

do you have an estimate on the wieght of PS? from the sounds of it you would recomend keeping it! :)