PDA

View Full Version : Bump Steer Question

import racer
08-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey guys,sometimes when I pull into a parking lot the steering wheel moves back and forth in my hand.what would cause this and how can I fix it.Could it be the radius rod bushings.

import racer
08-21-2012, 03:35 PM
So no one has had this happen to their car.

2oodoor
08-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Btw that's not bump steer lol
Ii would check the p steering fluid and ps belt tension first.
Tie rod ends next, and a rough visual check of the alignment. That is like one wheel leading the other when you're turning so if thats bad enough to snatch the steering wheel the alignment probably off. A loose tie rod would amplify that effect, like when the follow wheel decidEs to catch up it "bumps" which is the slack in the tie rod end.

import racer
08-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Well my ps belt is a little slack,need to get a new belt .This car and my old one seemed to do this,and I know it's not bump steer but didn't know what else to call it.I might have a ball joint with some play,replaced the one when I did the manual swap.Oh and with the swap alot of people had problem with back-up lights working,all I did was use the engine harness from the manual car and put the wires together from auto shifter and they work .

AZmike
08-29-2012, 08:34 PM
My first guess would be at least one of the six ball joints in your front suspension is bad. Have you inspected for obvious problems yet?

import racer
08-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Gonna check the front end this week end.Gonna get new ps belt first.