PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to the 3geez foundation

marc49
05-11-2002, 11:50 AM
post your replies to the 3geez foundation here

8ate8
05-11-2002, 12:15 PM
I think it's a very good idea, this way there are no dues for the club, but you can still recieve donations to maintain the site and get apparel and such. Maybe I'll chip in a few. Just gotta scour up a few dollars. Been putting money into my club lately.

ACCORD EX
05-11-2002, 02:47 PM
what will this forum have ?
anyway it will be difficult for me to donate while i am outside the states ! :( :crying:
may i 'll donate with somethin else ! you can just ask ! :D

MIKE

1989 DX R
05-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Well, paypal doesnt differentiate between nations, and neither does Visa or Mastercard...?

MoonScryer
05-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Solid idea, one I plan to contribute to...

RCracer
05-12-2002, 02:33 AM
I think it is a good idea and have no objection to donating to help support the site etc. As for the payments well they could be made by paypal or simply cash or cheque.

ACCORD EX
05-12-2002, 09:08 AM
marc ! you mean i am gonna send it but regular mail ! ( it will be stolen for sure ! :(

MIKE

marc49
05-12-2002, 09:17 AM
send it certified then..

ACCORD EX
05-12-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by marc49
send it certified then..

i 've asked western union but they will charge the hell put of me even for a small amount !
if you have something for sale marc ( accord related ) mayb i could buy it from you and teh donation will be included in the money i'll send ! :D

MIKE

87accordlxi
05-12-2002, 09:51 AM
ah, either way wouldnt you be sending money?

Justanothermike
05-13-2002, 07:47 PM
i just paid my dues:(

topgungj
05-18-2002, 08:26 PM
If hosting is a problem I'll gladly donate bandwidth and server space As my donation. I have a Colo server in Texas, it's a P3 1 GHz 512 meg ram and 40 gig HD space. It's sitting on Verio's OC-12 so plenty of bandwidth.

marc49
05-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Hosting is not a problem, I think everybody here is extremely happy with how things are here. Right now the foundation is to pay for the monthly dues of the 3geez hosting, but I am also trying to raise the money for the 86-89accord.com website to get completed.. We are a 1/3 of the way there as far as the website goes. I would like to get it done asap, but I understand not everybody can donate at the same time, so we will be patient :)

maka_RTH
05-20-2002, 02:00 PM
it would be cool if the site was done before i left for boot camp on june 6th..., otherwise i'll have to wait till october to see it.

OldSchoolSwap
05-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Will definatly donate, after I get my car back!!:(

bobafett
05-27-2002, 09:06 AM
i would be happy to donate as well... i cant right away, but i do plan to contribute!

CoAsTeR
06-10-2002, 04:09 PM
how is buying an 86-69 accord T-shirt related to this site? I'll be buying one next week :D

87accordlxi
06-10-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by CoAsTeR
how is buying an 86-69 accord T-shirt related to this site? I'll be buying one next week :D

86-89accord.com is our website, which is currently under construction.

CoAsTeR
06-10-2002, 05:17 PM
why not have a 3geez.com tshirt as well? seeing as how 86-69accords.com hasn't worked in ages?

89NinjaAccordLX
06-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Dont turn the "Foundation vs. Non-foundation" into a "Benefits vs. No benefits" and I'm all for it. United we stand, baby. Foundation members should DEFINATELY be recongnized in a special way but they shouldn't get benefits that others dont simply because they sent in a little mulah.

87accordlxi
06-10-2002, 08:54 PM
foundation members get a special picture under their names, access to the foundation forum, and recognition on the upcoming foundation page. since the board costs money and there is no mandatory fee for membership, we feel the need to show our apreciation for those who contribute

89NinjaAccordLX
06-10-2002, 09:02 PM
Sounds good to me.

marc49
06-10-2002, 09:02 PM
also foundation members will get a free sticker and possibly discounts after that.. And they get discounts on the apparel for 86-89accord.com (although no one has used this feature yet :rolleyes: )

Future "benefits" will be added also..

89NinjaAccordLX
06-11-2002, 06:30 AM
A free sticker... ok. Discounts? Does that make sense? If someone doesn't even have enough cash to put new brakes on their car why should they have enough money to send to people they dont know in order to get discounts on items that they still can't afford. In other words, people with a little extra cash are going to get discounts. Why not give everyone discounts? By the way, I'm going to become a foundation member anyways and still stand behind what I'm saying. I'm all for recognizing people that go out of their way to support 3geez, but giving people "benefits" solely on the basis of "who gave us money and who didn't" is a wedge between our past "everyone's equal" club. If you've given money already and you think I'm over-reacting, fine. Just remember this when people start to disappear because they can't AFFORD membership and having a regular membership is less than sufficient. I'm not saying regular membership is less than sufficient now. I'm saying that it could become less than sufficient once everyone's time is devoted to giving things to the foundation members.

By the way, does anyone get into the foundation by creating a new product for our cars, or by helping out the most people in times of technical need, or by organizing a meet, or by having a 3geez website, or has driven more than four hunded miles to meet another 3gee owner? Entrance only requires the shelling out of money... you'll get no special place in my heart for that. Drive a couple hundred miles to come to a Virginia meet and I'll be more than happy to recognize you in some special way.

Jdub07
06-11-2002, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX
A free sticker... ok. Discounts? Does that make sense? If someone doesn't even have enough cash to put new brakes on their car why should they have enough money to send to people they dont know in order to get discounts on items that they still can't afford. In other words, people with a little extra cash are going to get discounts. Why not give everyone discounts? By the way, I'm going to become a foundation member anyways and still stand behind what I'm saying. I'm all for recognizing people that go out of their way to support 3geez, but giving people "benefits" solely on the basis of "who gave us money and who didn't" is a wedge between our past "everyone's equal" club. If you've given money already and you think I'm over-reacting, fine. Just remember this when people start to disappear because they can't AFFORD membership and having a regular membership is less than sufficient. I'm not saying regular membership is less than sufficient now. I'm saying that it could become less than sufficient once everyone's time is devoted to giving things to the foundation members.

By the way, does anyone get into the foundation by creating a new product for our cars, or by helping out the most people in times of technical need, or by organizing a meet, or by having a 3geez website, or has driven more than four hunded miles to meet another 3gee owner? Entrance only requires the shelling out of money... you'll get no special place in my heart for that. Drive a couple hundred miles to come to a Virginia meet and I'll be more than happy to recognize you in some special way.

Well the way I see it, the money foundation members donate is for ALL 3gee members. Not just Foundation Members alone. Non-foundation members benefit too. Without any funds our monthly fee's that are due to keep the site up would not get paid thus there would be no site for any of us. Perks for foundation members are a good idea. When I send money I send it not for the stickers or the discounts but for the people that can't send any. If I get a sticker or discount or whatever in the process then great! But my personal intention is to help all of us maintain the board and have a place to go when we have questions or concerns on our cars. I don't send much money, maybe 5 or 10 bucks whenever I get it. After a while it will add up and in the end make a difference as a whole. There is no push to become a Foundation Member, it is up to each individual. And if they don't have the means to donate thats fine, they aren't looked down upon if they are undable to donate.

Maydnaella
06-11-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX
A free sticker... ok. Discounts?...etc etc...

I think you're taking the term of 3Geez Foundation Member to mean more than it really does. I seriously doubt any of us donated money to get a little discount on shirts. I think it's just a nice gesture, like saying thanks. It's not like the tshirts cost as much as paint job or engine swap and we're getting 75% off the price. I also believe that's really as far as the "member perks" will go.

Also, I for one am broke as hell cause I have no job!! But I found a few bucks to donate just because I think we have a good home here. Independant and striving. I just want to help Marc out so he doesn't have to pay for this on his own. That's basically what it boils down to. I don't think this "member vs. non-member" will become an issue with anyone else. Non-members continue getting a fantastic membership-free board where they can still customize their settings and post as much as they want like donating members do. Donating members get a small discount on t-shirts and a sticker. Big whoop. (no offense Marc :D )

See my point? It really isn't a big deal.

89NinjaAccordLX
06-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Well if you were contributing money for the good of everyone, then you would take the money collected and give everyone something. You're basically sending in 5 bucks for a decal, no big deal. You arn't doing anyone else a favor there... Supporting the website is so friggin cool. I admire that people WILL send in cash just to keep this thing running. Hats off... Nobody responded to my quote: ...does anyone get into the foundation by creating a new product for our cars, or by helping out the most people in times of technical need, or by organizing a meet, or by having a 3geez website, or has driven more than four hunded miles to meet another 3gee owner? I would feel much better recognizing people that do those things than people that just gave up some cash.

RCracer
06-11-2002, 01:06 PM
There is one problem with this argument and that is

EVERYTHING COSTS MONEY

and those who say it doesn't well.........

I have donated to 3Geez because of a few things.

1. Its nice to have our own board where we are the masters.
2. The board and its members have helped me out on more than
one occasion and its my way of saying thanks.
3. I would like the board to continue and if my little bit helps out
well I for one am MORE THAN HAPPY to donate a few bucks.

Lets face it
MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND

89NinjaAccordLX
06-11-2002, 01:49 PM
"Money makes the world go round" Tell that to a really lonely rich person... lol. Better yet, tell that to a homeless person. Then, tell him that its only fair that you get discounts on a Tee-shirt when he has to pay full price all because you initally coughed up some money. Does you sending in some cash make you more worthy of recognition? Some things are more important. If anyone can come fix the idling problem on my car I would gladly cough up some cash and shutup.

marc49
06-11-2002, 02:30 PM
The world is not a fair place, that is why there are rich people and homeless people.. That is why I can't afford to pay for the board, the contruction of the website, the making of stickers, etc. So because I can't do that I created the "3geez foundation" for members who wanted to contribute financially..
Because of those contributions, we have this board, the website construction will be started, we are having stickers made.

The profit made on any T-shirts sold and on any stickers sold will also help finance this board, the website, etc. Since the foundation members' donations are far more than the profit I would make on a sticker or a T-shirt, I feel they should get a perk for their donations. So they will get a free sticker and a discount on apparel. That's my way of saying "thank you"

And the perks arent so substantial that it would be cheaper for htem to become a foundation member instead of paying full price for the stickers or apparel. People who are foundation members are members because they want to help out as best as they could. If you can't help out monetarily, that is fine also and i completely understand that not everybody can do that. That is why being a 3geez foundation member is not REQUIRED

also, the foundation membership has slowed down a bit, so if you were thinking of becoming a member, NOW would be a good time

:) :stick: :super: :flash: :cool:

87accordlxi
06-11-2002, 03:23 PM
http://server2044.virtualave.net/87accordlxi/marchasspoken.jpg

89NinjaAccordLX
06-11-2002, 03:36 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/ninjabynight/images/corny.txt

Paul Aerodeck86
06-15-2002, 10:49 AM
I can't use PAYPAL!
I can't use WesternUnion, because min cash transfert is $50 for shipping! :mad:

How about donation for my site with shop manual?
:rant:

Site
11-11-2003, 05:23 PM
I recently received a PM from marc49 telling me my foundation membership had expired. I PMed him back asking him to look up my registration info because I believed that I had joined at the lifetime level ($30). I received no response.

Then, I looked up my contribution amount on my PayPal account. On September 5, 2002 I sent $30 to 86-89Accord.com for my foundation membership. I sent this information on to marc49 at [email protected] - still, no response.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, I really like the forum. If I'm confused on this issue, then please someone clear this up for me.

I don't mind contributing to keep the forum alive. But if I paid for a lifetime foundation membership, I would like my status restored. If I'm wrong on this, then someone let me know and I'll do what it takes to make things right.

87accordlxi
11-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Don't worry, Site. I'll see what's up with it. Marc is the only person who has access to the foundation Paypal account, but I will talk to him. Marc's a tough guy to get a hold of.

dXsquared
11-11-2003, 06:51 PM
hahaha... i was just thinking...

who has actually seen marc, who has actually seen marc's car? who has talked to marc on the phone? why does Marc keep this board alive?

we are like marc's "angel's" lol... but the little speaker box is 3Geez.com and instaed of fighting crimes, his angels just talk alot

Travis

3G Jester
11-11-2003, 08:07 PM
hahaha travis you are a crack head. i deffinatly wonder the same thing thouguh. however. does this shiot take visa? or someting cause i deffinatly wanna be foundation

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-12-2003, 06:33 AM
i'm slightly confused here. the membership that is paid for is a membership in what? the new website, or to be in the foundation? a few lines i read made me think the new site will be a pay site to use it. am i on the wrong track here or what? believe me if i could donate to the foundation then i would, but to donate every month or how ever the schedule is set up, i couldn't do. i don't have a steady flow of cash every month. i'm guessing a one time donation is not in the system. anyway, if you could straighten out my confusion, i would be happy.

NXRacer
11-12-2003, 09:10 AM
i donated like 1 1/2 months ago and i STILL havent heard anything......

DeathRat
11-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by 89accord_lxi_coupe
i'm slightly confused here. the membership that is paid for is a membership in what? the new website, or to be in the foundation? a few lines i read made me think the new site will be a pay site to use it. am i on the wrong track here or what? believe me if i could donate to the foundation then i would, but to donate every month or how ever the schedule is set up, i couldn't do. i don't have a steady flow of cash every month. i'm guessing a one time donation is not in the system. anyway, if you could straighten out my confusion, i would be happy.
Maybe this will help?
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23274
Or better yet this >>>> http://3geez.com/3geezdonation.htm

87accordlxi
11-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Anyone who has donated and still hasn't had their status updated please PM me with your name and the email address that you entered when making your donation. I will put a list together for Marc and make sure he sees it.

marc49
11-14-2003, 07:15 AM
this weekend I will go through and update everybody who needs updating.. I will also look into site's question. I thought I looked through it thoroughly, but I could be mistaken..

As to why it's hard to get a hold of me the past few months?

Moved into a new place, parents were moving to indiana. My back went out for 6 weeks. I had 3 bulging discs, a herniated disc that was pinching my sciatic nerve. Now I am working my ass off because it's almost year end at my work and that's my busiest time of the year. TONS of overtime. :)

DeathRat
11-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by marc49
this weekend I will go through and update everybody who needs updating.. I will also look into site's question. I thought I looked through it thoroughly, but I could be mistaken..

As to why it's hard to get a hold of me the past few months?

Moved into a new place, parents were moving to indiana. My back went out for 6 weeks. I had 3 bulging discs, a herniated disc that was pinching my sciatic nerve. Now I am working my ass off because it's almost year end at my work and that's my busiest time of the year. TONS of overtime. :)
Is your back okay now then? Did you get Cortazone shots for it too?

k-roy
12-06-2003, 07:42 AM
Yup. With all my post whoring (not all the time) I decided I better pay up. I just donated $20. I would have given $30 for a lifetime membership but that is all that was in my paypal account.

Jims 86LXI HB
12-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by kroy
Yup. With all my post whoring (not all the time) I decided I better pay up. I just donated $20. I would have given $30 for a lifetime membership but that is all that was in my paypal account.

As if its a get out of jail free card :lol

k-roy
12-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
As if its a get out of jail free card :lol
:321:
Jim,
Why are you assuming the worst of people? I am not trying to bribe anybody or anything. I work in telecom and I realize how much it takes to sun a server, bandwith charges suck. I felt since I have got so much from this board that I should give a little back to help keep it running. Thats all.

cruznz
12-06-2003, 03:57 PM
hmm...slight sarcasim on Jims part i beleive

Jims 86LXI HB
12-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kroy

Jim,
Why are you assuming the worst of people? I am not trying to bribe anybody or anything. I work in telecom and I realize how much it takes to sun a server, bandwith charges suck. I felt since I have got so much from this board that I should give a little back to help keep it running. Thats all.

Come on now. You mention something you've been busted for and how your donating to the site in the same post. Hey, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know anyone that donating to the site is helping it say afloat. But I'd really hate for donations to come because someone might get the notion it lets one skate the rules, which you've just cleared up is not your intent.

87AccordsterLx
12-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Jim, I got the same impression also so it wasn't just you...

Kroy, thanks for donating to the site. :) BUT! Just so EVERYONE knows, it is not a get out of jail free card as Jim mentioned. If you break the rules, your out... foundation member or not.

zero.counter
12-06-2003, 05:51 PM
I disagree, but I know what's going on here. :)

87AccordsterLx
12-06-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by zero.counter
I disagree, but I know what's going on here. :)

Care to explain? :confused:

k-roy
12-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Yea I know that. There has been a foundation member banned before.

Site
01-16-2004, 10:41 AM
This is starting to wear on me now. I've been waiting for my foundation status to be reinstated for four months now. I paid the $30 to have the "lifetime" membership, only to have my foundation status removed after one year. I've brought it to Marc's attention 3 times since then with no success. I don't want to do this, but since I used PayPal for the transaction I can have them investigate the situation and return my money to me while charging Marc/3Geez for the cost. I enjoy the 3Geez forum, but I don't tolerate getting ripped off. Would someone help me out here? Marc, look at your PayPal history and see that I paid $30 in Sept. of 2002.

I could care less about the "foundation" badge, I just want my ability to post pictures returned to me.

I recently received a PM from marc49 telling me my foundation membership had expired. I PMed him back asking him to look up my registration info because I believed that I had joined at the lifetime level ($30). I received no response.

Then, I looked up my contribution amount on my PayPal account. On September 5, 2002 I sent $30 to 86-89Accord.com for my foundation membership. I sent this information on to marc49 at [email protected] - still, no response.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, I really like the forum. If I'm confused on this issue, then please someone clear this up for me.

I don't mind contributing to keep the forum alive. But if I paid for a lifetime foundation membership, I would like my status restored. If I'm wrong on this, then someone let me know and I'll do what it takes to make things right.

BootMachine
01-16-2004, 10:44 AM
I dunno what the 3geez foundation is at all but I would pay to use this site...I'd pay like a 10 dollar member fee like once a year or something.

I really like this site....sorry If this is not at ALL what everyone is talking about!

lightbulblxi
01-16-2004, 12:33 PM
i think its a good idea, ill prolly give once i pay my fines off.....

'A20A3'
01-16-2004, 01:04 PM
I want a free sticker...:sadwave:

Ohh well, I'm glad that I've donated to the board, helping to keep the forum alive which supports my favorite car. I'd do it again, but unfortunatly, I'm poor.:dunno:

k-roy
01-16-2004, 01:09 PM
I dunno what the 3geez foundation is at all but I would pay to use this site...I'd pay like a 10 dollar member fee like once a year or something.

I really like this site....sorry If this is not at ALL what everyone is talking about!

It costs $10 a year or $30 for a lifetime membership.
You get: 5mb of webspace to post pics on the 3geez server, Access to a special forum, banner under your name.
Any amount is accepted, the more the merrier.
Send a Paypal payment to [email protected]
I donated a month ago and nothing happened. I forewarded the paypal receipt email to 87accordlxi and he gave me the access (thanks Joe) pretty quick.

Site
01-16-2004, 03:09 PM
I send Joe (87accordlxi) some proof of my lifetime payment and *POOF* my foundation status has returned almost instantly! Joe, you are THE Man! Thank you.

This is starting to wear on me now. I've been waiting for my foundation status to be reinstated for four months now. I paid the $30 to have the "lifetime" membership, only to have my foundation status removed after one year. I've brought it to Marc's attention 3 times since then with no success. I don't want to do this, but since I used PayPal for the transaction I can have them investigate the situation and return my money to me while charging Marc/3Geez for the cost. I enjoy the 3Geez forum, but I don't tolerate getting ripped off. Would someone help me out here? Marc, look at your PayPal history and see that I paid $30 in Sept. of 2002.

I could care less about the "foundation" badge, I just want my ability to post pictures returned to me.

'A20A3'
01-16-2004, 03:28 PM
You see Site, all that ranting wasn't necessary...

87accordlxi
01-16-2004, 03:49 PM
I send Joe (87accordlxi) some proof of my lifetime payment and *POOF* my foundation status has returned almost instantly! Joe, you are THE Man! Thank you.

I'm sorry about the ordeal, Mike. It was an unfortunate oversight, but I'm glad I could help!

'A20A3'
01-16-2004, 05:15 PM
I think it's a good thing now that the Admistration team has some control over matters like this, because Marc seems to be MIA alot, and it's quite necessary to clear up matters like this as soon as possible.

Good Lookin' Out.

soljaboy2000
01-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Well I just read all the posts here and seems like someone's not doing their job. I dunno since i'm a newbie, but how long does it really take to be in foundation member status after you paid? I would like use posting pics benifit very much. :D

87AccordsterLx
01-17-2004, 08:42 AM
This thread definitely deserves a sticky... :)