PDA

View Full Version : Headliners

2oodoor
08-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I've finally found a perfect vinyl headliner without sunroof (88 LX) mine is cloth and falling apart.
The problem now is it has 3 oh shit handles which I got all the hardware that mTches but my 86 LX doesn't have any! I never even noticed before:o well I pulled back my headliner and there are holes there but no there are no threads.

I guess I will go to back to see if ther were rivet nuts or something.

It is tricky getting the whole liner out undamaged. I wound up laying the backseat down then pulling the headrests off the fronts and laying them down.

lostforawhile
08-25-2012, 04:35 PM
I've finally found a perfect vinyl headliner without sunroof (88 LX) mine is cloth and falling apart.
The problem now is it has 3 oh shit handles which I got all the hardware that mTches but my 86 LX doesn't have any! I never even noticed before:o well I pulled back my headliner and there are holes there but no there are no threads.

I guess I will go to back to see if ther were rivet nuts or something.

It is tricky getting the whole liner out undamaged. I wound up laying the backseat down then pulling the headrests off the fronts and laying them down.

rivnuts or nut plates riveted on will work, if you use rivnuts you need the tool to install them,but there are cheap ones on egay, there are a million uses for the riv nut tool and rivnuts you won't regret getting one