PDA

View Full Version : Found out what was my problem.

goldyaccord
10-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Like A20, and shep said, I should have that rear vacuum port. Well, I accidently took it off to begin with and had no idea it was the port thing. Today i decided to put all the vacuum lines back in and it took me 4 hrs to put everything back in. and hooked up. Car started right up and idled better than before.

Know i think i know why my car would start but wouldnt hold.. That port was missing, which was probly the problem. I"m going to do the secondary conversion before i go and pull all the lines and emmissions crap out again.

YAY! I Have no backfire when i downshift.. sounds smooth... and seems to have better response.

Thanks to MIke, Alex for their help.. i learned a ton! I should be able to do it this time.

Josh

A20A1
10-20-2002, 02:02 PM
the missing port gave you the biggest vacuum leak next to removing the carb. :D

bobafett
10-20-2002, 02:07 PM
and even more good news for you~

you know how i am giving you my old cd player if you drive up for it?

well you can have the old speakers too, i will simply throw them away otherwise. they are altec lansing 6.5's 2ways and they are like 10yrs old, but if you want them you can have them. 1 pair sound fine, and the other pair sounds kinda buzzy at loud levels, but i bet if you cleaned them they would be ok. more than enough speaker for the deck though! :)

lmk if/when youre gonna cruise up for them!

goldyaccord
10-20-2002, 04:22 PM
Damn it now i'm gonna have to do it over again...

oh well, not now.

shepherd79
10-21-2002, 04:13 AM
it is nice to hear that your car is finaly running.
good job.
if you need help with secondary convertion you know where to find me or mike.