PDA

View Full Version : Obd1 cooling fan switch.

Rendon LX-i
08-27-2012, 11:23 PM
K well idk what the hell is strong with me I usually figure this crap out. I know how the system operates . I'm obd1 an im using the original harness modded with boomslang jumper Ecu harness. Are accords use a stand alone fan controller to run the fans. I don't see any fan control on the Ecu Pinout . I'm trying to wire up the fan switch on t-stat which would be fairly easy.

How did you obd1 guys wire up the fan switch on a b series I try tracing the wires back to the relay box an was just going to run wires to the switch . But the Ecu is not in control. The obd1 fan control is on the Ecu an that is (a12) an it is blank. So I'm like wtf.

I'm just making it Harder then it seems. Help a brother out.

ecogabriel
08-28-2012, 04:43 AM
I don't know about B engines, but the switch on the thermostat on the A engines is controlled from a board under the passenger's seat. It turns on the D/S fan when the engine is off and hot.

lostforawhile
08-28-2012, 07:10 AM
the A engines use a completely separate fan controller which is under the seat, if you look on the wiki in the electrical manual the entire circuit is in there

Rendon LX-i
08-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks Lost. Well im just going to extend the wires to the Fan switch that is located on the T-stat housing and call it a day. Would be much easyer. Trying to keep the harness as complete as possible.

lostforawhile
08-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks Lost. Well im just going to extend the wires to the Fan switch that is located on the T-stat housing and call it a day. Would be much easyer. Trying to keep the harness as complete as possible.

since the computer doesn't control the fan,you could do what I did, use the radiator thermos-switch to control a relay that switches on both fans, you just have power to the relay coil coming from the key switch or something switched, the thermo switch acts as a ground to operate the relay, very simple, the LXI dual fan duual thermosswitch timed crap is over complicated if you ask me

POS carb
09-15-2012, 01:08 PM
since the computer doesn't control the fan,you could do what I did, use the radiator thermos-switch to control a relay that switches on both fans, you just have power to the relay coil coming from the key switch or something switched, the thermo switch acts as a ground to operate the relay, very simple, the LXI dual fan duual thermosswitch timed crap is over complicated if you ask me

^this^

oe fan switch, relay, done.