PDA

View Full Version : weber carb swap

H86accord
08-28-2012, 01:57 PM
hi i just bought a weber 32 36 carb off cl that i want to out on my 86 honda accord. i want to have power but i also want to have good gas mileage. i have adapter plate for it too. do i need more things to put it on? do i need to mod the intake manifold? could i get a write up on how to install it or maybe where to find one. thanks richard.

cygnus x-1
08-28-2012, 02:37 PM
hi i just bought a weber 32 36 carb off cl that i want to out on my 86 honda accord. i want to have power but i also want to have good gas mileage. i have adapter plate for it too. do i need more things to put it on? do i need to mod the intake manifold? could i get a write up on how to install it or maybe where to find one. thanks richard.

I was going to say to check the HOWTO, but it appears to be under construction at the moment, so the pictures may not work.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66591

There is also a lot of info in the sticky threads at the top of this section (Carb Tech). The 32/36 should get you about the same mileage as the stock carb, maybe a bit less. It will be way more responsive though.

Before you put it on you should get a rebuild kit and replace all the gaskets. Also check all the jet sizes as there is a good chance they won't be optimal for your engine. The proper jet sizes should be listed in one of the sticky threads.

The only modification the manifold needs is to plug the coolant passage with JB Weld or something similar. That's also on the stickies.

C|

H86accord
08-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the help. Im excited to get the carb put on the car. I found a rebuild kit on ebay that im getting. Im getting another intake manifold.
Richard

Tread
08-30-2012, 06:48 PM
How did your rebuild go for you?

H86accord
09-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I havent done it yet. I been out of town so cant work on it. Will let you know when its all finished.

88Accord-DX
09-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Dremel out the OEM throttle return on the OEM carb to fit onto the weber instead of the universal attatchments.

Post some pics so we can get more people on the dark side. :)

2oodoor
09-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Dremel out the OEM throttle return on the OEM carb to fit onto the weber instead of the universal attatchments.

Post some pics so we can get more people on the dark side. :)

This^^^