PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Carbs on a CVCC engine?

SylusMk2
08-31-2012, 12:56 PM
ive seen it done before but nobody ever realy explained it.....how would i go about possibly making an intake manifold or getting another intake like the one thats on the car now and modifying that to work....also what are the right carbs to use? obviously i wanna use the 4 individual ones from a CBR.....anybdy know anything about the setup?

Hazwan
08-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Paging 2ndGenGuy.

From what I can observe based from my research before when I wanted to do the same myself before realizing that my mpg would get raped and abandoned the idea:

-You might need to get the manifold welded so it would be parallel with the carbs like this:

stock:

|| |||| ||

modded:

|| //\\ ||

Hope that makes sense lol

- You gonna have to rejet the carbs for sure
- Get something with a closest size as stock intake manifold size (38mm)
- The rest is pretty much the same as any other cars.

lostforawhile
08-31-2012, 03:20 PM
I think with the way the manifolds are siamesed together on the cvcc you might do better with a single downdraft webber

79cord
09-01-2012, 02:40 AM
I think with the way the manifolds are siamesed together on the cvcc you might do better with a single downdraft webber
I was just agreeing with you thinking of the siamesed exhaust ports,
(Non-US market EG (Non-CVCC) head '77-78 weren't siamesed)
when I remembered intake ports aren't siamesed.
The Intake and exhaust manifolds do fit together but are entirely separate so that shouldn't be too critical with new/revised intake manifold, & if going to such efforts for performance most would be wanting a better flowing exhaust manifold anyway.

lostforawhile
09-01-2012, 07:03 AM
I was just agreeing with you thinking of the siamesed exhaust ports,
(Non-US market EG (Non-CVCC) head '77-78 weren't siamesed)
when I remembered intake ports aren't siamesed.
The Intake and exhaust manifolds do fit together but are entirely separate so that shouldn't be too critical with new/revised intake manifold, & if going to such efforts for performance most would be wanting a better flowing exhaust manifold anyway.
dont forget you still need the heat shield