PDA

View Full Version : voltage?

terry
09-02-2012, 07:56 AM
i recently installed an apexi voltage stabilizer in my car, and i realise the engine is much hotter now, and all of a sudden my lights stopped working. help please?

RAZR
09-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Voltage stabilizer? Yank that shit out!

terry
09-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Oh, shit, why? Whats bad about it? Sorry im new to cars . I read abt it online

lostforawhile
09-02-2012, 07:08 PM
the only things they were good for were on race cars they kept the fuel pump voltage and ignition voltage steady, the only good ones were jacob and of course they are long gone now

terry
09-02-2012, 08:08 PM
i see, but seeing that ive already installed it now, is it ok to leave it on? i got it checked by my local mechanic just to be sure if i installed it correctly, i did and its not 'sucking electricity'. a term he used to describe a messed up VS

lostforawhile
09-02-2012, 08:19 PM
i see, but seeing that ive already installed it now, is it ok to leave it on? i got it checked by my local mechanic just to be sure if i installed it correctly, i did and its not 'sucking electricity'. a term he used to describe a messed up VS

you are just causing problems, it's not needed in this car

Vanilla Sky
09-02-2012, 08:35 PM
You wouldn't get a pacemaker implanted if your heart is healthy. In general, they try to fix the problem, not add on another system to fail. Same thing goes with cars. If it wasn't there when it was made, it's likely not needed. Get rid of the voltage regulator. At best, it does nothing, but at worst, it's causing your problems.

terry
09-02-2012, 08:37 PM
alright, i was just worried about all thew wiring around, its an import model from japan,everything is digital in the car aswell, which is becoming a pain at times, my display doesnt work, but im sorting it out one at a time, or atleast trying to :P.

Vanilla Sky
09-02-2012, 08:43 PM
So you have the digital dash? Do you also have the digital climate controls? Only a few sets of those systems have made their way to the US, so we don't have a ton of information about them, however, we do have members in NZ that have dealt with those before.

I really think that the voltage stabilizer is affecting your gauge panel (engine temp reading high) and your lighting system. If you're still having issues, it's time to break out a test light or multimeter and start testing circuits.

terry
09-02-2012, 09:01 PM
yes, its all digital. im living in malaysia, there are very few of those here aswell. ill remove it once i get home after work and see whats up then. i understand what you mean about adding more problems. but i did some reading and my purpose is more of prevention and to help out with the electronics. well after all the feedback here i guess ive got my info wrong. thanks for the feedback guys!

lostforawhile
09-03-2012, 05:18 AM
I believe we have a bunch of members from there, check the threegeez facebook page as they mostly post there, you may have fellow members closer then you think, keep us posted, also check out the three gez wiki, if you look at the accord mater manual, it was written for the overseas cars and I believe it has a wiring diagram for the digital dash, the electrical troubleshooting manual on there is for usdm cars

terry
09-03-2012, 11:30 PM
yep we do!! ive met someone on here! i will, also gonna post up some pics on the pics thread soon! the wiki is real helpful, good stuff!

Vanilla Sky
09-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Yup, we have a few Malaysian members, but as Lost said, they tend to hang out over on the FB group instead of here.

A18A
09-04-2012, 03:30 AM
what was the reason for installing it in the first place? i can only guess that the voltage regulator in your alternator was giving problems why you'd install a stabilizer.

if that was the case, chances are the climate controls (and possibly the dash cluster/control box as well since you say yours aren't working) have been ruined from the voltage regulators failure. speaking from experience :(

gp02a0083
09-04-2012, 10:32 AM
a voltage stabilizer? eh like the others said , its not needed on the 3rd gens at all. Seriously , no bashing you for this, but in general why spend that kinda money when a simple RC circuit could be used to stabilize the voltage. Probably cost like $4 total in parts.

Oldblueaccord
09-08-2012, 01:22 AM
yes, its all digital. im living in malaysia, there are very few of those here aswell. ill remove it once i get home after work and see whats up then. i understand what you mean about adding more problems. but i did some reading and my purpose is more of prevention and to help out with the electronics. well after all the feedback here i guess ive got my info wrong. thanks for the feedback guys!

What voltage is it running?

wp

Oldblueaccord
09-08-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/309201-apexi-versa-cruise-voltage-stabilizer.html

Im guessing its something like this. apexi has nothing on there wesite about it I would think its a fake.

wp

lostforawhile
09-08-2012, 11:11 AM
the only one that was ever any good and worked was the Jacobs ones, when they were bought out,it vanished along with a lot of other good products, the Jacobs one is still coveted even used, racers running without an alternator used them because it stabilized the voltage to the ignition and fuel pump, not much use on the street though

2oodoor
09-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Just a tip , the best thing you can do to protect the electronics is improve the grounds. Also ensure the battery and terminals are great.
Voltage is not current so a voltage stabilizer I think could cause hi resistance at relays which would create problems with relay fed devices.??