PDA

View Full Version : window is acting strange

xaccordx89x
10-20-2002, 03:15 PM
for about 2 weeks now, my window is acting really weird, at first it woudlnt want to go down, and then when i come bak to the car some time later, it would just work perfectly, what is goin on? Right now my window is currently down, but it doesnt seem like it want to go up anymore i been checking back and forth, and it still didndt want to go up, whats wrong?

88WhiteLX-i
10-20-2002, 03:25 PM
Which window is it ?? Drivers or passenger? if it doesn't wan tto go back up it probably is your power window motor. It could be a few different problems, I say take door apart and find out, It's not that hard at all...

xaccordx89x
10-20-2002, 04:57 PM
haha i checked the fuse, and its fine, and im thinking its the motor too, but taking apart the car is horrible, i got a coupe so its kinda hard for me to figure how to take apart the interior to get to the window

xaccordx89x
10-20-2002, 05:28 PM
oh yea, its driver side window

88WhiteLX-i
10-20-2002, 09:36 PM
nah it's not hard at all. I had to completly gut out my window because everything was fucked. I have an 88 Lx-i. MY power window motor actually tore it's way through the sheet metal that it was bolted to. So I had to get a New Power window motor, New relay, and put it all back together again. Just take it slow, first unscrew all the bolts that holds the panel on the door. After you do that there should be two wiring harnesses that need to be undone and then the whole panel you can put to the side. There's gonna be a plastic layering over the whole door, don't try to save it because it's not worth the hassle so just cut it all off so you can get at the inside of the door and see what's going on. Near the top right hand corner of the door will be the power window relay. And then there should be bolts that should visible right away, and those are the bolts that hold the power window motor to the inside of the door. SO if you're gonna change your window motor. you have to unbolt that bad boy, it's nice to have a friend helping you hold the window up because after you unbolt all the bolts the window will fall on teh inside of the door. THe window is actually held onto a big thing that looks like an X and it's held on with two bolts. After you unbolt the window from the big X thing slide the motor to the bottom of the door and then carefully take it out through the bottom opening on the door. THat's pretty much it, if you have any other questions please PM me or just post here!!

xaccordx89x
10-21-2002, 04:08 PM
whoa thanks that helped a lot. Yea i got inside my door. I just ripped off that plastic layering, i dont know the purpose for it, but yea. I found out the motor was fine, then i notice the sound that it was making was coming from a black box labeled "power window controller" or something like that. what is that? but after tampering with it a little my window decided to work again. But sometimes it doesnt work again, its acting too strange. Could it be some wiring problem?

flamed89
10-21-2002, 05:43 PM
dude your problem is that little black box. i had this problem when i first got my car. don't let it go to long it will burn up your motors. if i remember correctly that control box cost me about $100.

88WhiteLX-i
10-21-2002, 06:49 PM
AHAHAHAHHA, DO NOT PAY $100 dollar for the power window regulator, the little black box!!! PLease goto a junk yard and rip one out. At most the guy will charge you $20 bucks. Oh man you got fucking raped at $100 bucks. I got the power window motor, the regulator(the black box), and the huge X thing for $20 bucks. yeah there should be 2 bolts or screw to unscrew the little black box, just undo those and unplug the other side of the box and plug your new one in and you're ready to go!!!! BUT I REPEAT DO NOT PAY $100 FOR THE POWER WINDOW REGULATOR!! LOL

xaccordx89x
10-21-2002, 06:53 PM
lol i never really go to an auto shop to fix my car, i usually go to junk yard to get my parts and bring the car to school =) hehe thanks for the advice

flamed89
10-22-2002, 07:43 PM
i got the window controler from honda thats why it was so much. i don't trust electrical parts from the junkyard, around here if you buy it its yours, working or not! so i don't think i got ripped but hey not everyone can get honda parts at cost.(got them through my shop.)

89cordlx
10-22-2002, 07:59 PM
both the windows on my coupe just go very slow. would lubing up the motors and guides work at all?

88WhiteLX-i
10-22-2002, 08:45 PM
Lubing the guides might work if that's where your window is incurring the most friction. If it's your motors that are gone then they need to be replaced.