PDA

View Full Version : Bought ST drop springs, need advice.

gtoman
09-04-2012, 07:19 PM
I commute in my hatch and don't want a big drop but I wanted a little better handling so I ordered Suspenion Techniques Sporttech springs. Part number 60240. This lowers the ride 1". They don't list spring rates but these springs are less aggressive than their other springs called speedtech. What I need is the spring rates if anyone knows them and also advice on which shocks to use with them. Im thinking tokico blues will work but I wouldn't mind spending a little more money on something else if the blues won't control these springs well. I just found this info in a sticky...
Suspension Tech 1" F: 1.62, 342 lb/in; R: 1.54, 180 lb/in
So just my shock guestion remains.
Here's the link to the springs.
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Suspension-Techniques/Suspension/Suspension-Techniques-Sporttech-60240-Lowering-Springs/14655/
Here's where I bought them if you want some too. They have1 set left. I offered them $80 and they accepted.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=271038673122&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=41459968311
If the link doesn't work just search ebay for 86 accord st suspenions and the ad for theses comes right up with a buy it now price of $99.

Adam

gtoman
09-06-2012, 07:02 PM
So I found the spring rates.

1" F: 1.62, 342 lb/in; R: 1.54, 180 lb/in

Are the tokicos going to work with this spring or should I go right for the revalved bilstiens?

Really noone?

Adam

2oodoor
09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Honestly, if you were going to dump a bunch of money on springs and shocks you should have just gone with the k sport set up.
Re-valving Bilstiens isn't cheap and for the most part is still experimental per your application, hit and miss kind of thing.
If I were you I would go for the KYB shocks, trim the bumpstops a hair and call it a day. From there you can determine what suits you and you won't have hundreds invested in experimentation.

The most you could ask for is an opinion based on research done here and that is what ya got :thumbup: