PDA

View Full Version : my PM3 head project

Civic Accord Honda
09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
cleaning up my old d15b notec carbed head to thow on my d15b7. will be porting it out a bit and getting it hot tanked and milled .
pics can be seen here for progress

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151215739014804.510529.621869803&type=1

so far ive striped it down, cleaned up the valves and now its soaking in Purple power tomorrow night i will most likely start on the port job ^_^

its a long shot but if anyone has an d16a6 cam for sale let me know :)

2ndGenGuy
09-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Cool man! Can't wait to see how it turns out! When you're done, you should get a dyno of the beast!

Civic Accord Honda
09-05-2012, 10:51 PM
well im not expecting OMG power since the block has 270k miles :lol: compression test on it sits at 175/150/145/180 :lol: i think it might be the head gasket on the compression issues . d-series love to blow them between 2 cylinders. so it wont show signs of one other then loss of power/compression
head gasket is newish about 3 months old but doesn’t mean anything :lol:

im deciding weather or not i wanna build that spare block or not after the head is done O.o would be nice to go from 270k to 0 miles haha

i wonder how many "kids" think im crazy . i got 2 vtec heads and mini me is easy as pie. yet im going with the non vtec head ! <3 notec

stat1K
09-06-2012, 10:46 AM
i swapped out my vtec z6 head for an sohc zc non-vtec head from a wrecked crx. got that rebuilt and slapped it on my b7 rebuilt block. car has 323k, motor as 48k now.

let me know if you need any help blake, you still got my number?

2oodoor
09-06-2012, 11:06 AM
be careful there, from what I've seen the old d15 rings can't handle fresh heads.

Rendon LX-i
09-06-2012, 11:14 AM
do a d series stroker then since you non vtec. y7 head d17 internals = high comp beast. DOOO IT. i was going to do that but then i sold my Ef.

Rings will last if you use NRP or hasting which i did cause of oil consumption issues. Used Good set fixed the problem.

Civic Accord Honda
09-06-2012, 03:06 PM
i swapped out my vtec z6 head for an sohc zc non-vtec head from a wrecked crx. got that rebuilt and slapped it on my b7 rebuilt block. car has 323k, motor as 48k now.

let me know if you need any help blake, you still got my number?
will do, yup still have your number

be careful there, from what I've seen the old d15 rings can't handle fresh heads.
hopefully it goes well..if not well then great excuse to rebuild the block i have aswell :lol:

do a d series stroker then since you non vtec. y7 head d17 internals = high comp beast. DOOO IT. i was going to do that but then i sold my Ef.

Rings will last if you use NRP or hasting which i did cause of oil consumption issues. Used Good set fixed the problem.
nahhhh im good on leaving it 1.5L

well head soaked in purple power over night, then i took a dremel and cleaned out all the rest of the carbon inside the ports . now i need to get a intake mani and exhuast mani gasket and start reading up on porting! ^_^

import racer
09-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey guys I want to port my head off my old engine,does anyone know where I can get sanding rolls for my dremel tool,I watched a show on Horsepower where they showed how to port your head and that's what they used.