PDA

View Full Version : 88 accel problem

410ITC
09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
:help: took the car to my girlfriends house about an hour away car drove fine the next day she went to work i stayed at her apt, so i decide to visit her i get in start it up let it warm up...
start to take off and notice the exhaust sounds weird almost as if half the engine is running, i can only get up to 3.5-4K in 1st gear before i have to shift so i take it home and order cap, rotor, plugs and wires swap them out same problem. I check timing everything seems good i pulled the lines off the vacuum advance the one closest to the dizzy has a vac the one furthest does no so after i pull them and set timing i put everything back together i take it for a drive same problem im new to the A20A1 world and ive been looking around the net all morning and no luck i am praying someone on here has had the same issue. Im leaning to the vacuum adv is bad :werd:

2oodoor
09-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Misfiring at idle? Vac leak or carb issue and hopefully not problms in the head.

410ITC
09-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Misfiring at idle? Vac leak or carb issue and hopefully not problms in the head.
Misfires at idle I drive and it just winds up to 3k and just stays there even if the gas is all the way down :(

2oodoor
09-15-2012, 06:11 AM
That sounds like fuel starvation, is it popping back thru the carb or intake like hiccuping?

410ITC
09-15-2012, 07:43 AM
That sounds like fuel starvation, is it popping back thru the carb or intake like hiccuping?

Not sure, but am I able to take off the cover to the intake and look at the carb while the engine is running? Also fuel filters need to be changed too I did the ignition tune up but I didn't do fuel system :dunno: