PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

old_school_love
09-15-2012, 01:10 PM
hey guys, im new to this site, im usually on ottawa honda club or honda-tech, but no one knows what i need, so i own a 1985 honda accord 4dr lx, i love it, i just bought it about a month ago im the second owner 140,000 kms all the service records the water pump timing belt head gasket exhaust altenator carb were all changed 6 months ago, there is only one issue with the car, on the manifold where the carb mounts to on the back is this thing that screws into the manifold and has three vaccum hosses attatched well i need to know what the hell that is, i dont kn ow the name and as soon as i get some pics i will post them if anyone can help me would be great, :sadwave:

edit: im pretty sure its some sort of valve like a fast idle valve or something, im working on geetting the piics tommorow when its not dark out.

old_school_love
09-16-2012, 01:33 PM
hey guys in case your wondering i figured out what it is, its the thermal vaccum switch, now im just trying to find one does anybody know if a 1987 accord has one theres one in the scrappers sooooo let me know thanks.!