PDA

View Full Version : Need help please! same oh question!!

Mr. F.O.B.
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Before I begin, i have searched ,i have asked around have read the sticky thread! it feels like i have read everything about suspension for my 86 accord lol so i am not being lazy, just trying to make sure before i buy anthing!and just wanted some help from my fellow 3geez .

on that note here is my problem, i have just bought some new wheels/ tiers for my 86 four door accord and im scrubbing in the back. i am running kyb shocks with ( good springs that i cant think of the name ATM). well i need to raise the ass up. So i was planning on getting some coilovers for it. But don’t want the ones they sale for my car. So i read and read and read ! lol. and what i came up with was that i can use 90-97 accord coilovers on my 86. i just need to know if this is correct before i buy anything. and if they will work on my shocks. whatever brand i bought i was going to buy for a 90-97 accord four door. what i have read is that it does work with no problems. If anyone could help me that would really be great!! thank you so much 3geez!!

King Peetis
09-18-2012, 01:06 AM
???? Not sure why you would want to go that route considering the options you have with the coilovers available for the 86-89. Suspension performance is my preference and I haven’t heard of that swap\ mod before. If 90-97 will work, and that’s what you want, by all means go for it. Keep us up to date. Have you thought of a set of Ksports? Reasonably priced and good ride quality.

2oodoor
09-18-2012, 01:34 AM
What kind of wheels are you using?
You would benefit by using adjustable upper cont. arms possibly could get a lil camber adjustment more clearance away from that wheel opening edge.

Mr. F.O.B.
09-18-2012, 09:57 AM
???? Not sure why you would want to go that route considering the options you have with the coilovers available for the 86-89. Suspension performance is my preference and I haven’t heard of that swap\ mod before. If 90-97 will work, and that’s what you want, by all means go for it. Keep us up to date. Have you thought of a set of Ksports? Reasonably priced and good ride quality.

only reasson why i want to go this way is bc i cant find any coilovers for my 86 accord. the only ones i have found are the ksport and ground control. if you know of any brand names please tell. i looked. and its on the http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48185 .

Mr. F.O.B.
09-18-2012, 10:00 AM
What kind of wheels are you using?
You would benefit by using adjustable upper cont. arms possibly could get a lil camber adjustment more clearance away from that wheel opening edge.
wheels are dr27 deep dish with nitto neo gen 205/50/r15.

Oldblueaccord
09-18-2012, 11:38 AM
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/rubber-coil-spring-booster--small.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=19136088729&utm_content=pla&gclid=CJDbzM3wv7ICFQSxnQod9wkANA

I run these in the rear.

wp

Mr. F.O.B.
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/rubber-coil-spring-booster--small.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=19136088729&utm_content=pla&gclid=CJDbzM3wv7ICFQSxnQod9wkANA

I run these in the rear.

wp

do they make that big of a difference?? i have never used them.

Oldblueaccord
09-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Some of my 205/50/15 tires scrub in the rear so yes it stopped that. I think the tires actually touches the outside fender but its just a guess.

The Falken Azenis do not for some reason.

wp

EDIT : I need to add I have stock suspension (original) but I run -2 degrees camber in the rear.

Mr. F.O.B.
09-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Some of my 205/50/15 tires scrub in the rear so yes it stopped that. I think the tires actually touches the outside fender but its just a guess.

The Falken Azenis do not for some reason.

wp

EDIT : I need to add I have stock suspension (original) but I run -2 degrees camber in the rear. that is what mine do.

Mr. F.O.B.
09-20-2012, 12:46 PM
anybody before i buy??

ghettogeddy
09-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Im running 00 civic coilovers from drop zone only modification was I had to use a 3" floor flange so the perches did not sink into my tokico blues.