PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying this 3g, what do you think

tylersakal
09-27-2012, 06:18 PM
hey everyone, I'm new to 3g but not to the honda game. I'm thinking about picking up this 3g in my area and wanted to get an opinion on it. it's extremely clean for $500 and the interior is damn near mint.

http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/3275966610.html

Also, I'm waiting for the owner to email me back and I would like to go look at the car in person, is there anything in particular I should be looking for that a common thing for these cars to have either broken,leaking,not working?
Do you guys think its worth it? My plans once I get it are simple, top hat mod and slam it.lol is the lug pattern on these 4x114.3 like all the other accords? or is 4x100 cause ive seen alot of EK Si wheels, and wasnt sure if people were getting the redrilled or using adapter or what. also, what is the button/ switch inbetween the shifter and the Ebrake for?
Thanks tyler

RAZR
09-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Im assuming your not new to buying a car. Just go around the car with a fine tooth comb. Our cars are 4x100

elarson88
09-27-2012, 08:54 PM
The switch between the shifter and ebrake is the power antenna. I'd test it as they are known to break and are a pain in the ass to replace I hear... The car looks clean for $500. I paid $350 for mine but its in way worse shape.

tylersakal
09-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Im assuming your not new to buying a car. Just go around the car with a fine tooth comb. Our cars are 4x100
Actually, this will be the first car I'm buying for myself, I've gone to look at cars for other people though. I will be sure to go over it with a fine tooth comb. My main concern is if there is any more rust then shown and if there are a major problem with the engine/transmission.

The switch between the shifter and ebrake is the power antenna. I'd test it as they are known to break and are a pain in the ass to replace I hear... The car looks clean for $500. I paid $350 for mine but its in way worse shape.
Thanks for the info, the switch caught my eye and I've been digging through threads looking for an explanation on what it does. I think it's a pretty good deal for $500, probably one of the cleanest $500 cars I've seen. I hope the owner emails me back soon so I can check it out in person.

kentwat
09-28-2012, 05:52 AM
I'm not sure what type of inspection is required there but $500 looks like a good deal from the pictures. My antenna button hasn't worked since I bought mine, but the antenna pics up just fine. It is now a manual antenna. I can't tell from the pics if it is an lxi. It has cruise but also has hubcaps. Is it fuel injected?

tylersakal
09-28-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure what type of inspection is required there but $500 looks like a good deal from the pictures. My antenna button hasn't worked since I bought mine, but the antenna pics up just fine. It is now a manual antenna. I can't tell from the pics if it is an lxi. It has cruise but also has hubcaps. Is it fuel injected?

To be completely honest I'm not sure if it fuel injected or not, hopefully it is cause I really hate dealing with carbs.lol The owner has still not gotten back to me :/

elarson88
09-28-2012, 05:58 PM
God I hate that when you want to buy a car and the jerkoff selling it won't reply. If you want to sell your car you need to make yourself available!

nswst8
09-28-2012, 06:40 PM
I'd buy that all day at $500. But offer $350 1st.

cubert
09-29-2012, 05:37 AM
If the car runs, $500 isn't bad at all. If all you're looking to do is slam it, who cares if its carbed.

I paid $500 for mine back in 03/04ish, and I ended up having to do axles, exhaust, alternator, brakes, and a ton of other stuff within the first year of owning it..so that car at least sounds like it has had some of the more common replacement items done recently.

import racer
09-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Man for 500.00 I'd buy it in a minute,hey it's a coupe and a manual to boot.Wish I could find one like that around here for 500.00.

Stealth
09-29-2012, 05:03 PM

King Peetis
09-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Jump on it with both feet!

Ayeobe
09-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Whoa it has lumbar support adjustment on the passenger seat?! Why dont i have that even on the drivers seat?!

Otherwise, i cant see anything in the interior that proves or disproves its an LX-i. Did the LX/DX have that cool/normal slider between the two center vents in 88-89? if not, then it'd be LX-i..

Oldblueaccord
09-30-2012, 07:34 AM
I would look and see why its not inspected and if it would pass or what it needs to be inspected. looks like a good car otherwise. Maintenance records are nice too to see if the timing belt etc has been changed.

wp

elarson88
09-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Whoa it has lumbar support adjustment on the passenger seat?! Why dont i have that even on the drivers seat?!

Otherwise, i cant see anything in the interior that proves or disproves its an LX-i. Did the LX/DX have that cool/normal slider between the two center vents in 88-89? if not, then it'd be LX-i..

I think the lever on the seat is to flip it forward for easier access to the back seats. Could be wrong though. Usually they're on the other side?

What does that knob in between the vents do?

tylersakal
10-01-2012, 03:57 AM
Still no reply, hopefully I'll get one soon and that lever is to flip the seat forward when your sitting in the back seat. Usually the are on the other side but I think its easier to find on that side so they put them on that side. Thanks for all the positive comments, I appreciate it everyone.

tylersakal
10-01-2012, 04:01 AM

I'm going to assume its to close the vent.

tylersakal
10-01-2012, 04:06 AM

charliekuney
10-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Uh, if you don't it I'll fly over there and buy it. Offer $350, that's what I paid for my '88 coupe with 160k that is not nearly as straight as that one. I'd pay $500 for it in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, i cant see anything in the interior that proves or disproves its an LX-i.

Color combination alone denotes LX-i since it's a coupe. Body-colored door handles, power mirrors, upgraded climate control, etc. So yes tylersakal, it's fuel-injected.

I think the lever on the seat is to flip it forward for easier access to the back seats. Could be wrong though. Usually they're on the other side?

For rear passengers to flip the front seats forward. Both seats have this. Only the driver's seats had lumbar support in LX-i's and SE-i's.

This...

Did the LX/DX have that cool/normal slider between the two center vents in 88-89?

...not this, sorry. ;) Only DX's did not have the vent closer.

tylersakal
10-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Uh, if you don't it I'll fly over there and buy it. Offer $350, that's what I paid for my '88 coupe with 160k that is not nearly as straight as that one. I'd pay $500 for it in a heartbeat.

The owner still hasn't answered!This is really starting to bug, if he doesn't answer soon I'm ditching the idea of getting a 3gee until I find one this clean. I want a 4gee wagon really bad.lol

import racer
10-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Why would u want a 4gee wagon,too heavy.

tylersakal
10-02-2012, 04:35 PM

I like them, I dont care about weight. I'm mostly into stance and doing shit to something that people don't normally do shit to,like 4th gen wagons for instance, if I wanted to go fast I'd get something smaller, most likely not any accord.

charliekuney
10-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm mostly into stance and doing shit to something that people don't normally do shit to,like 4th gen wagons for instance...

You must not get out much. ;)

g.frost
10-07-2012, 06:40 PM

Yes, too heavy indeed, something like 3200lbs. My wife had a '91 Accord family wagon for many years. Our daughter named it; 'The Love Boat'. To be fair, it handled respectable for a wagon. sway bars front and rear. heavy, slow, auto, and lousy gas mileage. Electronic ignition failed 3 times stranding on the roadside. Other than that, very reliable. Good riddance at 230K miles.

Ayeobe
10-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Charlie, on the slider in my car, it has a blue arrow and a white one. Am i to assume the blue arrow closes the vents? It never has. I only get ither warm or cool air out of it.

charliekuney
10-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Yours might be disconnected from the cord. Two of my Accords had problems with the center vents. Blue is open, white is closed. Similar to the two levers under the steering wheel for the side vents. To completely turn off the climate control in these cars one must close all three (four, two in the middle) vents and select hi/lo and recirculate.

Civic Accord Honda
10-13-2012, 12:02 AM
for 500 bucks and its that clean?? fuck yes