PDA

View Full Version : lighting relay ?

import racer
09-28-2012, 03:47 PM
So I decided to change my driving lights to a smaller set I had,I checked that they worked on the battery.After I had them hooked up they didn't work,checked the fuse by the battery and it was blown.So I changed it ,tried them again and it blew,could the relay be shorted and causing my fuse to blow.I also tried running a power wire from the battery to the lights and they wouldn't light.This is weird because the other lights worked fine and I'm using the same wiring for both.Do you guy have any suggestions.

import racer
09-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Well it's gonna rain all weekend so have to wait to check the grounds on the lights.Should I run a the ground to the battery or would the body be ok.

Dr_Snooz
09-29-2012, 07:12 PM
My factory fogs are grounded to the body.

Oldblueaccord
09-30-2012, 07:56 AM
So I decided to change my driving lights to a smaller set I had,I checked that they worked on the battery.After I had them hooked up they didn't work,checked the fuse by the battery and it was blown.So I changed it ,tried them again and it blew,could the relay be shorted and causing my fuse to blow.I also tried running a power wire from the battery to the lights and they wouldn't light.This is weird because the other lights worked fine and I'm using the same wiring for both.Do you guy have any suggestions.

What fuse blew ?

Don't run it with out a fuse a dead short could ruin alot of wiring pretty quick.

If its an inline fuse for the lights it might be too small amp rating for your lights.

wp

import racer
09-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Yeah it's an inline fuse with a 20 amp fuse,it's been working fine since last fall.But when I changed to my cat eye driving lights they wouldn't work which is weird.I think it's the ground because they work on the battery but not on the car,so it's either a bad relay or a bad ground.

import racer
10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Well I finally got them to work,run new grounds checked wires and relay and they still blew the fuse.So I took one of the lights apart and it turns out the black wasn't ground but power and the white is ground.now everything is working,never saw lights with the wiring like that.