PDA

View Full Version : Gps

Stealth
09-30-2012, 11:51 AM

Ayeobe
09-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Mine goes above the clock but a bit to the left, cos i can have it where-ever on the windshield. I dont see how mounting it in the far left or right is safer at all.. and it must be interesting to get tourists not to mount it in the middle.. It seems that having it mounted in the lower middle of the windsheild is easyer to see and you dont have to take your eyes off the road to look at it..

Stealth
09-30-2012, 06:09 PM

charliekuney
10-01-2012, 08:42 PM
I have a small Garmin Nuvi that I put on the left right between the gauge cluster and a-pillar. Mine doesn't seem to get hot at all...

Stealth
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM

247shuer247
10-05-2012, 05:28 AM
They actually made the law way back before GPS's were even made. It was to prevent people from just placing parking stickers right smack in the middle of their window, but over the years it just carried on to things like radar detectors and GPS's (here in Cali). I see tons of people mounting their GPS's in the middle of their window, most cops are too busy dealing with other things to pull you over for something like that. Although, if they haven't pulled anyone over for the day and they are in a bad mood, you might just get caught so it's really up to you (the people that live in Cali) if you want to take the risk. I myself don't feel like getting pulled over for something as stupid as this, but who knows :dunno:

yeah dude cops in cali are way to busy with other shit. i never see people get pulled over for window tints smoked lights being to low modified exhaust. unless the cop wants to be an asshole that day then he will pull you over but for the most part you dont need to worry about it

MessyHonda
10-05-2012, 08:44 AM
yeah dude cops in cali are way to busy with other shit. i never see people get pulled over for window tints smoked lights being to low modified exhaust. unless the cop wants to be an asshole that day then he will pull you over but for the most part you dont need to worry about it

thats in LA buddy. i was just down for the long beach jccs and alot more people in LA drive modified cars. out here in the bay area i get pulled over alot. i got pulled over for my front tinted windows at least like 5-6 times since i have owned it. 3-4 for my exhaust(mine peaked at 87dB, limit is 95) and 2 times for no front plate. Now that i have personalized plates on my car the cops get behind me and run my plates and they leave me alone.

im trying to get a quieter exhaust now that i have my GSR that revs higher.

247shuer247
10-05-2012, 10:16 AM
thats in LA buddy. i was just down for the long beach jccs and alot more people in LA drive modified cars. out here in the bay area i get pulled over alot. i got pulled over for my front tinted windows at least like 5-6 times since i have owned it. 3-4 for my exhaust(mine peaked at 87dB, limit is 95) and 2 times for no front plate. Now that i have personalized plates on my car the cops get behind me and run my plates and they leave me alone.

im trying to get a quieter exhaust now that i have my GSR that revs higher.

well actually your right i was just watching a documentary about
street racing in the bay area and these pigs would litteraly pop out a
ruler and measure the height of the bumper and check the exhaust.
and the vin numbers. i was amazed ive never seen that here. i have a
modified exhaust limo tints and i have my front windshield tinted.
the only thing i ever got pulled over for is. no front license and that was just because the sheriff was being a dick lol

Hazwan
10-05-2012, 09:10 PM
I had mine mounted on the far right (RHD) just near the pillar and take the GPS with me when I leave the car parked and left the mount and the cables in the car. I had the cable permanently installed since I hate the wiring mess.

dieselgus
10-06-2012, 04:27 AM
I just use my phone. Toss it up on the dash by the clock and let the voice guided bits tell me where to turn. Works great, and no extra device to worry about.

2oodoor
10-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Ive got a beanbag style holder for my nuvi so it can be placed anywhere.
it would be cool if it would fit in the sunvisor with the wire tucked under the winshield pillar moulding, then hardwirEd to switched power.

I would never have to worry with it since it would be out of sight when the visor is flipped up and powered off every time I park.
I usually work out routes on my ipod and save it, so the garmin is usually off lol