PDA

View Full Version : honda accord 3 drs 1986 / 1987 strut rod bushing

honda-ronny
10-08-2012, 12:43 AM
hello guys

who can advise me about the strut rod bushings on the 1986 /1987 accod 3 drs ( the call it in europe the Aerodeck)

i am strugling with stability on the road and a believe the honda bushes are to soft.

so question who hass good experience with after market Strut rod bushes
and are there better anti roll bars for sale for this modell accord

thanks in advance for your advice

ronny lucassen
THE NETHERLANDS

2oodoor
10-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Honda parts are sufficient, that is always the default answer.
Aftermarket poly bushings are stiffer but Ive heard afor radius strut rod bushings it is a matter of preference, both rubber and poly are fine.
88-89 lxi sway bars are thicker so those are a direct replacement upgrade.

honda-ronny
10-08-2012, 03:39 AM
thanks for answering, do you have any idea how to get this parts?

ronny

Oldblueaccord
10-08-2012, 09:43 AM
hello guys

who can advise me about the strut rod bushings on the 1986 /1987 accod 3 drs ( the call it in europe the Aerodeck)

i am strugling with stability on the road and a believe the honda bushes are to soft.

so question who hass good experience with after market Strut rod bushes
and are there better anti roll bars for sale for this modell accord

thanks in advance for your advice

ronny lucassen
THE NETHERLANDS

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42403

wp

honda-ronny
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
thanks very much

Taylor Smith
11-29-2012, 07:49 PM
castor is the stability angle yours is proubly out of spec... measure from the the distance between the front and rear wheels on each side from the center of hubs nuts on both sides and compare with factory specs also proper torque on the strut rod end nuts is important should be around 60ft pounds

honda-ronny
11-30-2012, 12:43 AM
Hello

thanks i will get the new struth rubbers in a few weeks and i will take care to find out what the messurement on my car is, thanks for the information.

ronny

Taylor Smith
11-30-2012, 01:19 AM
no problem the way i told will only give you a rough idea of whats going but its easy to do and free but after you install the new bushings the castor will be changed and that in turn will change your toe and it will drive funny untill you get you get an alignment done on it... theres a good chance thats all you need now

honda-ronny
11-30-2012, 01:47 AM
i am not only planning to renew the front strutt bar busches but also the front schockabosorbers, the upper suspension arm and the torsionbar rubbers.

i hope this wil make a very very positive change at the front end of my car, last week i drove on the motorway with 180km/h and the nose of my car was very very "weak" he was wagling very heavy

i will update when everything is ready

Taylor Smith
11-30-2012, 03:50 AM
ok good plan... ive finally got the suspension on my 85 3dr perfect... 1 front wheel bearing struts and springs strut rod bushings control arm bushings
the back was ok except i replaced both wheel bearings and the trailing arm bushings... i gradually did this over about 6 months i just recently learned how to use the alignment machine so i did the alignment myself also... how many miles you have on yours mine only has 135000

honda-ronny
11-30-2012, 03:54 AM
my car has already driven 248.000 km at the moment.
but i am sure al these upgradings wil do the car good

Dr_Snooz
12-01-2012, 06:57 PM
It sounds like you have a pretty bad issue going on. I'm not sure the bushings would do that, unless they were totally gone, in which case you'd hear a lot of clunking. Have you checked your ball joints? You might want to do that pronto, because if one of them lets go, you'll probably be scrapping the car...if you live...

honda-ronny
12-01-2012, 11:44 PM
hello

my ball joints are ok but i am going to renew them without any doubt, because they are already 250.000km on the car.
and they are very cheap so thanks for you concern

ronny