PDA

View Full Version : Tail lights don't work

Cmunsterman
10-12-2012, 05:34 AM
I have searched, but nothing seems to be exactly like my problem. i was coming home last night and noticed that my guage cluster's lights weren't on. so not thinking about it i drove all the way home to find out i had no brake lights or tail lights. i replaced fuse #15 and it blew as soon as i turned the tail lights on, but my brake lights don't work either, the fuse for the stop lights is fine, but no stop lights..

2oodoor
10-12-2012, 06:47 AM
first off, think back to anything you have done to the car most recently and look in the area.
sounds like a shorted socket, wrong bulb or pinched wire, could be from something recently done if so.
There are lots of circuits that feed off another so check all the fuses with a test light.

Cmunsterman
10-12-2012, 08:25 AM
okay, i'm thinking it's a corner light, because i messed with those yesterday when i was priming the fender and the corner lights aren't working either

Cmunsterman
10-12-2012, 09:06 AM
okay, i'm thinking it's a corner light, because i messed with those yesterday when i was priming the fender and the corner lights aren't working either

Well, i figured it out. for some reason, the brake light fuse has a wire in it leading to the brake lights, and in the middle of that wire there is a fuse that i never noticed before that was blown, replaced that and everything worked fine.