PDA

View Full Version : 89 Accord Headlight Alignment

Baseball
10-23-2012, 02:25 PM
My headlight trim on one of the headlights doesn't line up flush with the rest of the hood trim.

Any idea how to lower it a bit? I can push it down but it doesn't seem to hold and just bounces back up.

I've opened up the hood, removed the lid and trim from the light but can't see anything that is clearly out of place.

Thanks.

charliekuney
10-23-2012, 06:08 PM
You'll come to find that these cars are a terror when it comes to lining up the hood, head lights, fenders, and sometimes the front bumper. The head lights are in buckets that can be [re]moved if necessary.

POS carb
10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
If it appears like the headlight isn't closing all the way and looks a tiny bit "open" compared to the other side you can loosen the headlight motor's mount bolts and tilt the assembly forward (more closed) or back (more open)
I think there are 3 bolts holding the motor

A18A
10-24-2012, 09:26 PM
You'll come to find that these cars are a terror when it comes to lining up the hood, head lights, fenders, and sometimes the front bumper.

This times a million.

Baseball
10-28-2012, 03:02 AM
This times a million.
I want to get my headlight trim to line up flush like the one in your avatar picture.

At the moment it's like a quarter of an inch up, and I want to lower it but can't find out how.

POS carb
10-31-2012, 08:11 AM
If it appears like the headlight isn't closing all the way and looks a tiny bit "open" compared to the other side you can loosen the headlight motor's mount bolts and tilt the assembly forward (more closed) or back (more open)
there are 3 bolts holding the motor

it takes 5 min

Dr_Snooz
10-31-2012, 09:23 AM
It sounds to me like the headlight isn't closing all the way. I would look for a bent motor arm or worn ball joints on the arm ends.